• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

This is a new low for a auction house. posted by Best2u

16 posts in this topic

ComicLink lists comics in it's auctions on the Registry.

I've had the #1 set of Black Magic 1973 series in the Registry for a few years now. When the new ComicLink auction started last week I found a couple of Black Magic issues listed which said they were from the #1 Registry set. That was news to me as I wasn't selling any of my books in thier auction. I went to the Registry just to make sure I was still the holder of the #1 spot and I was. I shot off an email to ComicLink telling them that I was the holder of the #1 set and they may want to change thier auction listing to avoid any trouble after the auction, not from me but from the lot winner. They thanked me for pointing it out and removed the part of the listing that said the comics were from the #1 set.

Guess what? The next day my set was knock out of the #1 spot by a new set named COMICLINK SALE BLACK MAGIC. Seems pretty low to me that they would take away a spot from a collector just to promote thier auction. I've worked on this set for years and just becuase they get a consignment in, with a few issues in high grade, they list it on the Registry knowing they'll only have the #1 set till the auction is over. They have spread their Black Magic issues out over a couple of auction so it looks like I may not have the #1 spot again for some time. I don't mind if some collector with zilloins of bucks knocks me out of the top as they are collectors that just have more money than me. I find it an altogether diff. story when a company trying to make an extra buck of profit uses the Registry for that porpose. Just seems like a misuse of what the Registry was designed for. What's your feeling on this, am I way off or is ComicLink abusing the system? Best2u.

See more journals by Best2u

I am definitely sympathetic, this is wrong. Bad timing also with the end of June the cutoff for the registry awards. Regarding the question of what the Registry was designed for, I'm not sure, but I suppose it doesn't matter. CGC gave us the framework and we choose what to use it for. I once contacted CGC about the integrity of the Registry for a certain title that I was bumped from the #1 slot.

I was basically told the Registry is on the 'honor' system = not much they can do.

I would call Clink, nothing to lose. Good luck to you.

Ummm...you do know that Sterlingcomics entered the set, as it's his books on ComicLink.

Plus, who gives a ?

There's isn't even a number one in your set.

Come on!

xoxo

greggy

Ya I've got to agree with Greggy here, they are by rights ok in what happened.

Firstly they didn't post the set, though they knew they had the no.1 set. Then posted it on the registry after being prodded on it.

If you had looked at the books you would of seen it added up to a higher ranking.

Your only consolaton is that the set will soon be removed assuming multiple buyers... including you? bid on the books.

:sorry:

It appears that Sterling Comics is currently adding many new BA horror titles to his registry and taking over the #1 spots. I think he is doing this for selling purposes in conjunction with Clink. If he owns the books, this is legitimate.

You can't blame someone for populating his registry.

Okay, okay, Greggy hit the nail on the head. I knew it wasn't ComicLink that listed the set, and as Brasseye noted, I'm sure it was only after I pointed it out to CLink that Sterling Comics listed it as #1 set. I didn't say it was a sin, just a bit low and not what the Registry was created for. I will be bidding on the books. I'm really looking forward to when the #1 issue comes up for auction. Most likely won't be able to afford it but I'll try. As Bomber-Bob said," you can't blame someone". End of discussion. Thanks for leting me vent.

Plus, if you truly had the #1 yet for a few years now, why isn't there a "Best Set" symbol by your set for at least last year?

It's because Sterling always won in the past.

He may have deleted his set recently, when he decided to sell but I've always known him to have the #1 ranked set.

xoxo

greggy

Ummm...you do know that Sterlingcomics entered the set, as it's his books on ComicLink.

Plus, who gives a ?

There's isn't even a number one in your set.

Come on!

xoxo

greggy

Man, you're such a poopie head