• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Show off your favorite poor condition book!!

156 posts in this topic

I found this in a shed on a farm outside of Fresno.

Batman2.jpg

not too far from me...when was this and any other books in the the shed? :)

Hi Primetime,

Here are a few more from the Fresno farm shed. There were about 10 that were just beat to hell as they were heat warped, water- stained, rusty stapled, and rat chewed. You don't even want to see the back covers. This was about two years ago, and the original owner said he used to have quite a collection, but they were "gone with the wind." He had been on the farm since the 1930s.

Wonderworld8.jpg

TheFunnies.jpg

Action.jpg

Anyone know what number this Action is?

gosh, I wonder if he had an Action 1 or Tec 27 at some point. :o that is some barn shed collection compared to the Larsens lol

Court exhibit copy from the DC-Fawcett litigation.

Cap1.jpg

I'd personally have that book slabbed ASAP.

Did you get a good deal on it or did it come at a premium due to the historical significance?

I am definitely going to get it slabbed particularly b/c I never want to have to handle it!!!

Got it for a very good price. (thumbs u

And this court copy too, which also fits in this thread:

SpecialEdition.jpg

3985538835_8dced773f2_b.jpg

:cloud9:

I honestly can't consider a book like this to be in PR condition. It's complete aside from the back cover, which I'm guessing doesn't effect any stories, and the front cover (which is 90% of it's value) presents quite nicely. I'd take this over a FR copy with a chewed up looking front cover any day.

A copy like that is an easy FR in my book! :sumo:

Ok I have to give out two awards. 1st for most messed up poor condition book goes to Comicopolis for his Superman beauty. I have never seen another comic like that!!!!!!!!

For most beautiful, shoulda never been a poor in the first place goes to Great Escape for that stunning Fantastic comics, I would have bought this book over a lot of books with a back cover. Somehow I think this book should be graded fair.

This is actually a gorgeous condition copy, but THE worst miscut I've ever seen, the staples are stepped into the back cover a half inch or close, AND....

it's a double cover, lol

Can anyone out there say "production values"?

rolyfc.jpg

rolybc.jpg