• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batman collecting thread
1 1

750 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, bcphillips119 said:

I no longer use photobucket... maybe that’s why?

It's because Photobucket decided to charge everyone $300 if they wanted to continue to use their service. In effect all photos will be blurred unless one pays. They may have reduced the amount recently, to pay per month or some such scheme.

On 5/27/2016 at 8:38 PM, rsouxlja7 said:

I've been trying to collect all of the bronze and silver age first appearances for a couple of years. I've had most of these for over a year but it took quite some time to find a nice copy of Detective 298. Finally completed this mini-collection.

dWvCygF.jpg

Nice selection.  You need a Detective 311...

I just received two books back from CGC late last week. I bought Detective #292 raw on Ebay about 6 or 7 years ago. There was evidently no rush involved in getting this one graded. It's a different story for Detective #234. I found this on Ebay last fall. It appeared that it should grade at around 5.5 to 6.0 so I sent that book in. There is now no doubt which Detective issue is tops in my collection. There are only 27 graded copies for issue #234, with the highest grade being an 8.5, of which there are 3 copies.

TEC_292_CGC70B.jpg

TEC_234_CGC65C.jpg

On 3/25/2020 at 7:01 AM, frozentundraguy said:

It's because Photobucket decided to charge everyone $300 if they wanted to continue to use their service. In effect all photos will be blurred unless one pays. They may have reduced the amount recently, to pay per month or some such scheme.

Just store the pictures in dropbox instead, it's free.