• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batman collecting thread
1 1

750 posts in this topic

Ugh, I cant believe how bad Batman was, its an amazing transformation of what we see today compared to Golden/ Silver age.

16356832592_5c17ae6bc4_b.jpg

15817664470_c67000ba41_b.jpg

A lot of the golden age Batman stories compare very well with the current comics. In fact, the bronze age artists imitated classic golden age covers. Jerry Robinson was a much better artist than most of the current artists in my opinion. :makepoint:

Ugh, I cant believe how bad Batman was, its an amazing transformation of what we see today compared to Golden/ Silver age.

16356832592_5c17ae6bc4_b.jpg

15817664470_c67000ba41_b.jpg

A lot of the golden age Batman stories compare very well with the current comics. In fact, the bronze age artists imitated classic golden age covers. Jerry Robinson was a much better artist than most of the current artists in my opinion. :makepoint:

By the way these are all just copies of the originals.

I've been trying to collect all of the bronze and silver age first appearances for a couple of years. I've had most of these for over a year but it took quite some time to find a nice copy of Detective 298. Finally completed this mini-collection.

dWvCygF.jpg

Very nice group shot! :applause: