• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1960's Avengers!

7 posts in this topic

Ron when you were looking around to pick up a Buscema Avengers covers, how difficult was it ? With Mandel having such a large amount of them and a few others in permanent homes, i would have thought that the demand far exceeds the supply.

Congratulations Ron.

It's a fantastic cover. I always thought George Klein's inks during this time period were actually better than Tom Palmer's.

The cover was offered to me several years ago and might actually have some minor restoration to it as it looks "cleaner" than what I remember. It's a great example of Buscema's work on the Avengers.

The only reason why I passed was the Black Panther wasn't a character I normally collect. So obviously I won't be competing with "Batman Fan" who collects Black Panther artwork. lol.

Anyway, it's a great cover by a great artist. (thumbs u

Cheers!

N.

Congratulations Ron.

It's a fantastic cover. I always thought George Klein's inks during this time period were actually better than Tom Palmer's.

The cover was offered to me several years ago and might actually have some minor restoration to it as it looks "cleaner" than what I remember. It's a great example of Buscema's work on the Avengers.

The only reason why I passed was the Black Panther wasn't a character I normally collect. So obviously I won't be competing with "Batman Fan" who collects Black Panther artwork. lol.

Cheers!

N.

better than Palmer??? :o :o :o

thank god I don't have to worry about competing with you on the Panther art ! (thumbs u

I actually never set out to collect the Black Panther, but many fond memories from my childhood associated with him so somehow he just keeps ending up in my collection.

Congratulations Ron.

Cheers!

N.

I have to agree with NelsonAl on that one, I have always loved that cover, cool piece to own. :applause:

Congratulations Ron.

Cheers!

N.

I have to agree with NelsonAl on that one, I have always loved that cover, cool piece to own. :applause:

I'd put Palmer over Klein -- but what control over the brush Klein demonstrates in this piece!