• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

X-Force #1 White Captain America UPC Logo

15 posts in this topic

ooooh, this is like a bad flashback. Are you talking about the reverse negative on the direct edition logo? I seem to remember that causing quite a ripple at the time of release, as well as rumors that the Cable card was the shortprint of the batch.

Yup, so I take it the reverse negative of the logo was a common print?

Yes. People were hoarding them in Indianapolis where I grew up but only for a couple of weeks. Cable card and Rev Neg versions were $5-$8 or so for a couple of weeks and then everything was the same. Because there were so many of all of them.

I still cant believe how many copies were printed of that issue and I was in college at the time. I think I still have like 5 copies lying around somewhere.

I think most of everyone else on this board did the same. lol

It's kinda funny how gullible we were to buy into the hype of multiple covers, etc.

I still cant believe how many copies were printed of that issue and I was in college at the time. I think I still have like 5 copies lying around somewhere.

It's kinda funny how gullible we were to buy into the hype of multiple covers, etc.

I've got a bunch of X-Force # 1's, I keep them in the garage next to the starter logs.

As oppossed to what? Buying into the hype of pretty colored labels on pieces of plastic?

As oppossed to what? Buying into the hype of pretty colored labels on pieces of plastic?

More like as opposed to buying books with so much better written stories with descent artwork from a little company called Valiant when they were starting out. Those are like the only books from the 90's that I can pull out to reread over and over without ever getting tired of it. :cloud9:

On 6/26/2010 at 10:03 PM, Escaflown4 said:

Does anyone know anything about the history of the X-Force #1 with the white Captain America UPC logo? I'm curious as how it happened and is it common amongst the millions of copies that were printed?

I have one. X Force 1 is finally gaining value and I’m not sure why, so  I’ve been looking for a raw 9.8. 

DF93AA39-22B7-4F0C-B6E5-8E5716CE5BE2.jpeg

1 hour ago, I like pie said:

I think you miscalculated the time machine dates. It was hot for a minute in 2018.

It’s jumped in the last two weeks. FMV was $60 two weeks ago now it’s $95. Not sure why. Feel like I didn’t get the memo.