• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TTA 27 club
5 5

369 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, NoMan said:

Well 5 - 9k. I was talking with the Torpedo Comics guys today in Las Vegas and they said they rarely get them in grades above 3.5.

One of  the rarest (and coolest) top 10 SA books with SC4 and SC22 in CGC 6.0 and higher. I usually buy my books from ComicLink of Heritage because they do show up there more often. ComicConnect would be another option.

Edited by SupergirlDC19591

9 hours ago, SupergirlDC19591 said:

Great book to own I miss my CGC 4.5 sold it because it was in a new type holder without the inner protective well....I will buy myself another one hopefully this time a 6.0 or 7.0.

The 1st movie was awesome!!

Its on my list too, and I do agree the movie was really entertaining and fun!

I think a lot of collectors don't "get" this book....it's not just another prototype, and it's not just the first Ant-Man without a costume yet. It's the first Hank Pym, and it's the first and most significant (with due respect to Groot, Hank has been impacting the MU since the beginning) of the anthology shorts to become a part of the MU fabric. And it's relative scarcity was far more apparent in the pre-Internet days. :preach:

But you guys are the choir on this topic...sorry, but that felt better...

9 hours ago, blazingbob said:

I have a 5.5 up for sale on my website as well as a 7.5 coming to Wondercon

how much is the 7.5? Don't see that on website. i'll be at Wondercon. You can PM me if you prefer with price

Edited by NoMan

Comic art collector who decided to finally finish out the major marvel Key collection. I started with an AF15, now I have the TTA 27. I am trying for 5+ on all books so when i saw this on CL i really wanted it. Color saturation and no MC are important to me, so this was right up my alley. I think it really looks nice, almost shocked with that PQ its a 5.0. Guess someone at cgc just wasnt a fan. Anyway, won this last night on CL, cant wait to hold it.

RADF34832017313_18111.jpg

1 hour ago, zhamlau said:

Comic art collector who decided to finally finish out the major marvel Key collection. I started with an AF15, now I have the TTA 27. I am trying for 5+ on all books so when i saw this on CL i really wanted it. Color saturation and no MC are important to me, so this was right up my alley. I think it really looks nice, almost shocked with that PQ its a 5.0. Guess someone at cgc just wasnt a fan. Anyway, won this last night on CL, cant wait to hold it.

Very impressive colors for the grade.  Excellent buy!

6 hours ago, zhamlau said:

That's a beauty of a 5.0!!

On June 2, 2017 at 1:49 PM, Shaolingoat said:

Very impressive colors for the grade.  Excellent buy!

Congrats! Awesome pick-up!

Why can't we just say that maybe they blew the call on this one (graded too low)? I know we can't be sure because it is in the slab but geez it's at least worth acknowledging. Congrats again!

1 hour ago, Readcomix said:

Congrats! Awesome pick-up!

Why can't we just say that maybe they blew the call on this one (graded too low)? I know we can't be sure because it is in the slab but geez it's at least worth acknowledging. Congrats again!

the back cover is nice too...im not sure what exactly they were grading but im thinking about sending for press/regrade. I know it has CVA but honestly thats not a huge deal to me. The spine has some spidery wear but its light and the cover is flat with good edges and great color/centering from all i can see. Ive seen a lot of 5.0's and even one of this book this on every level looked better than.

In the end i probably wont, its really just for me and my 10 key collection.

52 minutes ago, zhamlau said:

the back cover is nice too...im not sure what exactly they were grading but im thinking about sending for press/regrade. I know it has CVA but honestly thats not a huge deal to me. The spine has some spidery wear but its light and the cover is flat with good edges and great color/centering from all i can see. Ive seen a lot of 5.0's and even one of this book this on every level looked better than.

In the end i probably wont, its really just for me and my 10 key collection.

Good for you! You're happy and that's what's important. I don't know that I would put more $$ into it either with CPR; just saying it's probably a safe bet of at least a 50/50 shot of coming back higher on a resubmit. It's all very subjective and lots of books (NOT suggesting a majority) the grade can be argued convincingly up (or down in some cases) a bit.

10 keys? Skipping who, Sgt Fury and DD? Or ASM #1 (as a non-first app key)?