• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The X-Men #1 CRAPPER!

26 posts in this topic

Well.... it just so happens a recent issue of WIZARD magazine had an article about doing this stuff with old unwanted comic books. They made frames, tissue boxes, etc... not a toilet but...

If you needed another reason to bash Wizard, you can blame them for the toilet. lol

Well.... it just so happens a recent issue of WIZARD magazine had an article about doing this stuff with old unwanted comic books. They made frames, tissue boxes, etc... not a toilet but...

If you needed another reason to bash Wizard, you can blame them for the toilet. lol

Well, feel free to continue bashing Wizard, but their article had nothing to do with the creation of my piece, I thought it up without their help. I created the "Uncanny Toilet" in the summer of '09, I'm assuming before their "recent issue". Maybe they stole my idea...

And just to clarify, the piece was a response to the crash of the real estate market and its parallel in the comic collecting world of 1991. Nothing against Jim Lee, Marvel, or the X-Men, it's just the fact that the number one selling comic of all time (and it was number one primarily due to speculators....) is now worth less than when it was published. It's 20 years later, aren't all the collectors supposed to be able to sell these at an outrageous profit by now?

Thanks for the commentary, positive and negative, makes me glad I made the piece...

Xenonouveau

Well, feel free to continue bashing Wizard, but their article had nothing to do with the creation of my piece, I thought it up without their help. I created the "Uncanny Toilet" in the summer of '09, I'm assuming before their "recent issue". Maybe they stole my idea...

And just to clarify, the piece was a response to the crash of the real estate market and its parallel in the comic collecting world of 1991. Nothing against Jim Lee, Marvel, or the X-Men, it's just the fact that the number one selling comic of all time (and it was number one primarily due to speculators....) is now worth less than when it was published. It's 20 years later, aren't all the collectors supposed to be able to sell these at an outrageous profit by now?

Thanks for the commentary, positive and negative, makes me glad I made the piece...

Xenonouveau

Interesting concept...spending money on that X-Men 1 comic was money down the toilet :D

Seriously, anyone who thought they would be getting a lot of money by owning that comic (even in a 9.8 variant slab) is really not informed.

I will never understand those that speculate that new comics 80s and newer are somehow going to be rare or become worth a lot....you are better off buying a lottery ticket.

Anyway, thanks for the laugh on the toilet. I'm surprised nobody bought it yet... (shrug)doh!