• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Pre-Robin Tec Club
18 18

5,102 posts in this topic

On 10/31/2017 at 10:22 AM, Gotham Kid said:

@PRTeckie

You are probably aware of the 37 8.5 being offered by Pristine ?

GK, sorry for the late reply. I caught one heck of a case of the flu 2 weeks ago and it's is STILL hanging on to me! Blech! But I am finally feeling much better. (Especially because the Astros won the World Series!)

Thank you for bringing this book to my attention. I wish I could buy it. That is one gorgeous book! I've always felt the cover of 37 (and the book itself) was massively underrated.

Last night's ComicConnect results:

Tec 29 7.5 A-5 23K ( slightly on the low end imo, having 2 copies in same auction didn't help )

Tec 29 6.5 Conserved 42.5K (this was previously a sp 5.5 that ended at 31K or thereabouts in a past CC auction )

Tec 36 4.5 "D copy" 30K

Tec 37 5.5 23.6K

Edited by Gotham Kid

15 minutes ago, Gotham Kid said:

Was looking at that copy and asked a bunch of questions.  Wasn't too comfortable buying the book by looking at his past feedbacks (video games, video game consoles, fitbit, etc.). No history of him selling any comics at all.  Also asked for any references from any major dealers or collectors, he ignored that part of my question.  

Book sold for $20k from what he messaged me and mentioned it came from a dealer.  All I know.  Still looking for a copy :$

16 minutes ago, Gotham Kid said:

GK, it sold today, seemingly for for the asking price:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Detective-Comics-33-1937-BATMAN-Cover-Complete-UNRESTORED-CGC-1-5/312023563193?hash=item48a60dbbb9:g:wAIAAOSw43haMGh8

By the way, super-congrats on your Tec 37! That is one beautiful book!

2 minutes ago, showcase22gr1959 said:

It's weird it just closed so that may not be accurate just yet.  

We can check back again in a couple hours.  Watchcount at the very least should be updated by then.  And if not, GPA for sure after midnight Aussie time.

-J.

5 hours ago, Dark Knight said:
6 hours ago, Gotham Kid said:

Was looking at that copy and asked a bunch of questions.  Wasn't too comfortable buying the book by looking at his past feedbacks (video games, video game consoles, fitbit, etc.). No history of him selling any comics at all.  Also asked for any references from any major dealers or collectors, he ignored that part of my question.  

Book sold for $20k from what he messaged me and mentioned it came from a dealer.  All I know.  Still looking for a copy :$

Seller first listed the book raw. 25K BIN price. Didn't sell so he wisen up and had it slabbed.

Edited by Gotham Kid

1 hour ago, Gotham Kid said:

Seller first listed the book raw. 25K BIN price. Didn't sell so he wisen up and had it slabbed.

If he did in fact sell the book for 20K, he left money on the table likely because comic books are not his focus. He probably got the book from an exchange or something. I’m sure the “dealer” will rectify by correctly pricing it at 25-30.

SC22 is right.  According to GPA it sold for full boat, $30k.  (thumbsu

-J.

12 hours ago, PRTeckie said:

Congrats, also to Tbone911t for picking up that sweet Tec #32! And speaking of sweet pre-Robins, I thought you all might like to see a full scan of MY PR pickup last March. It's my pride and joy! :cloud9:

Tec33.jpg.122d19e956934df9c2f93c92836b0b6f.jpg

Thank you.

And I agree with the above......WOW!!!

15 hours ago, PRTeckie said:

Congrats, also to Tbone911t for picking up that sweet Tec #32! And speaking of sweet pre-Robins, I thought you all might like to see a full scan of MY PR pickup last March. It's my pride and joy! :cloud9:

Tec33.jpg.122d19e956934df9c2f93c92836b0b6f.jpg

That book is sweet! I can see why it's your pride and joy.