• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Pre-Robin Tec Club
18 18

5,086 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, Sqeggs said:

I actually hate to see names removed from covers.  Admittedly the appearance is improved, but you lose the provenance of the book.  It's kind of neat that decades ago a girl bought this book off the stands and wrote her name on it.  Before the Larson pedigree was a big deal, some collectors/dealers had his signature removed from some books.  Who know, maybe some day we'll find a big stash of Barbara's other books. 

Yeah, I hate to see owner's signatures get erased. It seems like such a cynical way of making money.

Edited by Greenlake

1 hour ago, Chicago Boy said:

Anyone aware of an existing double cover Tec 35 ?  What's the earliest confirmed Pre Robin Tec double cover ??  

Don't know of any. Don't think there are any.

Edited by Gotham Kid

2 minutes ago, Chicago Boy said:

Thanks Peter,  Any idea what this did to it (or currently does to it ) value wise ?

No idea. I for one don't care much for double covers. I find GA 15c covers MUCH more cool (Crippen Tec 43 for instance).

Edited by Gotham Kid

5 minutes ago, Gotham Kid said:

No idea. I for one don't care much for double covers. I find GA 15c covers MUCH more cool (Crippen Tec 43 for instance).

Thanks for the insight. Anyone else know of a Tec double cover earlier than Tec 48 ?

1 hour ago, Gotham Kid said:

The Tec 33 6.5 is a clear winner. Currently sitting at 75K, it sold 2 years ago on ComicLink for 51K.

Damn. #33 was a pre tec I thought was undervalued a couple years ago and put off getting one.  Oh well.

I am leaning towards consigning my blue 1.5 Tec 31 to an upcoming ComicConnect auction, so very interested to see where those books end tonight.

Does it make a noticeable difference whether a book is placed in one of the "Super Monthly" auctions, as opposed to an Event Auction?  On one hand, the Event Auction gets more pub.  On the other, the Event Auctions are also always loaded to the teeth with backbreaking blue chip books.  So...maybe it would be better to be the only Tec 31 in a Super Monthly...as opposed to being one of many many amazing books in an Event Auction...?

37 minutes ago, jjeanius said:

I am leaning towards consigning my blue 1.5 Tec 31 to an upcoming ComicConnect auction, so very interested to see where those books end tonight.

Does it make a noticeable difference whether a book is placed in one of the "Super Monthly" auctions, as opposed to an Event Auction?  On one hand, the Event Auction gets more pub.  On the other, the Event Auctions are also always loaded to the teeth with backbreaking blue chip books.  So...maybe it would be better to be the only Tec 31 in a Super Monthly...as opposed to being one of many many amazing books in an Event Auction...?

These days, I don't think a book like Tec 31 is overlooked wherever it's listed.  That said, I'm still inclined to think that Heritage Signature auctions are the best venue. 

On 2018-03-12 at 7:26 PM, Greenlake said:

Yeah, I hate to see owner's signatures get erased. It seems like such a cynical way of making money.

https://www.comicconnect.com/bookDetail.php?id=757384

Speaking of signatures. Love the original owner copy From Jerry Robinson.

At 17.2k i think i have a shot. Maybe the two coverless copies  have dried up the  bidders. The chicago boy  heritage brittle trimmed copy missing cf 43k and and the  22k no cf and not batman pages. 

I could get it under 25k:)

Didn't have time to take a close look at the scans yet, but it appears that the 'Tec 31 1.0 is going (so far only) for $10K more than the CGC 2.0 graded copy.  :whatthe:

Do the Brittle pages really knock the value of the book down by that much?  hm

51 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

Didn't have time to take a close look at the scans yet, but it appears that the 'Tec 31 1.0 is going (so far only) for $10K more than the CGC 2.0 graded copy.  :whatthe:

Do the Brittle pages really knock the value of the book down by that much?  hm

Brittle pages kill the value of books.

People are afraid of the pages disintegrating as they flip through them.