• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Pre-Robin Tec Club
18 18

5,102 posts in this topic

8 minutes ago, Gotham Kid said:

Tec 33 6.5 sold for 30K more than it did 2 years ago. :golfclap:

https://www.comicconnect.com/bookDetail.php?id=758995

IMHO, the clapping is for the buyer tonight.  I bet the sellers of these books aren't very happy.  Lots of bargains relative to recent sales.  

For instance, that Tec 33 has been hitting $16k/point consistently.  And I turned down $18k/point for mine about 2 months ago.  Guess that was a mistake...

I was the underbidder on a couple of the big books.  Just wasn't really in a buying mood.  Guess that was the case for a lot of people tonight...

2 minutes ago, Doc67 said:

IMHO, the clapping is for the buyer tonight.  I bet the sellers of these books aren't very happy.  Lots of bargains relative to recent sales.  

For instance, that Tec 33 has been hitting $16k/point consistently.  And I turned down $18k/point for mine about 2 months ago.  Guess that was a mistake...

I was the underbidder on a couple of the big books.  Just wasn't really in a buying mood.  Guess that was the case for a lot of people tonight...

What grade is your copy ?

-J.

35 minutes ago, jabats said:

Tec 31 2.0 brittle pages went for $27k

1.0 ow sold for $33k

Tec 35 2.5 cr/ow went for $19k

Tec 38 3.0 ow went for just under $22k

Wow--advantage buyer on all of those except the Tec 31 1.0?  35 was down 2k a point and 38 down 3-5 k.  I can't believe the unrestored coverless Tec 27 only went for 34,500. 

Just now, Chicago Boy said:

Wow--advantage buyer on all of those except the Tec 31 1.0?  35 was down 2k a point and 38 down 3-5 k.  I can't believe the unrestored coverless Tec 27 only went for 34,500. 

Yes the Tec 35 & 38 are well off recent price per point sales. 

Also the Tec 27 6.0 went for way less than 800-850k (what I expected)

the GA market has been on fire for quite a bit. Perhaps it is finally taking a little breather 

18 minutes ago, Doc67 said:
32 minutes ago, Gotham Kid said:

Tec 33 6.5 sold for 30K more than it did 2 years ago. :golfclap:

https://www.comicconnect.com/bookDetail.php?id=758995

Well. a lot of that would have to do with the SUPPLY side of the equation.

If I remember correctly, the CC auction from last March had only 2 decent looking copies of the pre-Robin 'Tec's and as a result, they both went for absolute nosebleed prices.  On this go round, it looks like they had something like 2 dozen copies of books from 'Tec 27 through to 'Tec 38, many of which had multiple copies of the same issue in various grades.

So, I guess a lot of it would have to do with luck and timing, or DUE DILIGENCE on the part of the consignor to ensure that there are no other competing copies of the same book available at the same time in the exact same auction. 

9 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

Well. a lot of that would have to do with the SUPPLY side of the equation.

If I remember correctly, the CC auction from last March had only 2 decent looking copies of the pre-Robin 'Tec's and as a result, they both went for absolute nosebleed prices.  On this go round, it looks like they had something like 2 dozen copies of books from 'Tec 27 through to 'Tec 38, many of which had multiple copies of the same issue in various grades.

So, I guess a lot of it would have to do with luck and timing, or DUE DILIGENCE on the part of the consignor to ensure that there are no other competing copies of the same book available at the same time in the exact same auction. 

Agreed.

plus recent record sales probably shook some more supply loose.

5 minutes ago, jabats said:
7 minutes ago, Chicago Boy said:

Yes the Tec 35 & 38 are well off recent price per point sales. 

Well, the 'Tec 38 was down by a lot more than just $3K to $5K per point as it had been running up to something like $10K+ on a price per point basis, and definitely far below this CGC 3.0 graded copy from CC's auction last March:

https://www.comicconnect.com/bookDetail.php?id=676931

Of course, this copy here from last March definitely appeared to be undergraded relative to its assigned grade of 3.0, as did its companion CGC 3.0 copy of 'Tec 29 in the exact same auction which managed to fetch something like $66K.  :whatthe:

55 minutes ago, Jaydogrules said:

What grade is your copy ?

-J.

The offer was on my 1.8.  I have a couple currently, as I am a big believer in this book.

Actually, it might have been a $20k/point offer.  It came via HA.  Seems that I remember thinking that the $18k/point would be what I would receive. I turned it down as I still think that the book is undervalued.  

Kicking myself for not going higher on the Tec 27 tonight.  I was the underbidder.  Just not good timing for a big purchase.

The Tec 33 CGC 6.5 copy sold for roughly $12,460/point.. And being it was a "higher" than usual grade, I would think lower graded copies would sell for lesser if this is the new price per point now. You should've taken the $18k/point when offered.

The ebay seller who sold his 1.5 copy for $30k made out like a bandit.  Good for him!

16 minutes ago, Doc67 said:

The offer was on my 1.8.  I have a couple currently, as I am a big believer in this book.

Actually, it might have been a $20k/point offer.  It came via HA.  Seems that I remember thinking that the $18k/point would be what I would receive. I turned it down as I still think that the book is undervalued.  

Kicking myself for not going higher on the Tec 27 tonight.  I was the underbidder.  Just not good timing for a big purchase.

Actually, the lower grades usually have higher "price per points" than the mid grades, as there tends to be greater competition at the entry level grades.  

-J.

3 minutes ago, Dark Knight said:

The Tec 33 CGC 6.5 copy sold for roughly $12,460/point.. And being it was a "higher" than usual grade, I would think lower graded copies would sell for lesser if this is the new price per point now. You should've taken the $18k/point when offered.

The ebay seller who sold his 1.5 copy for $30k made out like a bandit.  Good for him!

I seriously doubt that this is the new price/point for a Tec 33.  

My gut is that owners will hold their copies at that price level.  I will.  

I agree wholeheartedly with all of those who have said that this was a supply/demand issue tonight.  Too many copies of pre-Robin (and 1st Robin for that matter) Tecs being sold all at once.  Flooded the market and overwhelmed buyers.

2 minutes ago, Jaydogrules said:

Actually, the lower grades usually have higher "price per points" than the mid grades, as there tends to be greater competition at the entry level grades.  

-J.

Agreed, so makes me wonder if the Tec 27 coverless, brittle pgs missing centrefold and a page sells for 34,500. What do you think a COMPLETE coverless, brittle pgs copy would bring?

I  don't think a coverless complete copy has been at auction for a number of years.

2 minutes ago, Doc67 said:
14 minutes ago, Dark Knight said:

I seriously doubt that this is the new price/point for a Tec 33.  

My gut is that owners will hold their copies at that price level.  I will.  

I agree wholeheartedly with all of those who have said that this was a supply/demand issue tonight.  Too many copies of pre-Robin (and 1st Robin for that matter) Tecs being sold all at once.  Flooded the market and overwhelmed buyers.

Just have to see the next copy up for sale publicly to really make a better assessment. I certainly hope it is as I still need a copy lol