• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Pre-Robin Tec Club
18 18

5,102 posts in this topic

7 minutes ago, dem1138 said:

My 2c is that the market could tell that this 1.5 was formerly a restored copy with color touch that has since been scraped away along the spine and valued it as such. 

Exactly.  For it to look that bad, they either should've left it as it was or had it professionally redone.  Any way you slice it, the book has been worked on.  That 1.0 presents way better.

14 minutes ago, dem1138 said:

My 2c is that the market could tell that this 1.5 was formerly a restored copy with color touch that has since been scraped away along the spine and valued it as such. 

a year ago my 1.8 brittle got me an amount just a tad south of the recent 1.5 being talked about here, but of course I became very upset when I saw the 1.0's sell for so high ???

.....but I guess if you get 6 times what you paid for it not 10 years ago, you are somewhat satisfied as a seller. Just always wishing for more and more us greedy humans .... 

1 hour ago, dem1138 said:

A reasonable observation. 

10 hours ago, dem1138 said:

Interesting. What was the restored grade?

mod 4.0 ?

8 hours ago, Mr bla bla said:
18 hours ago, dem1138 said:

Interesting. What was the restored grade?

mod 4.0 ?

Any idea what a Mod 4.0 would have gone for in today's PLOD challenged marketplace?

It's quite conceivable that the it might have gone for less than the scraped away blue label Universal 1.5 grade it received in the end.  hm

Book might have had a slightly higher apparent grade than 4.0.

A 6.0 MP sold 2 yrs ago for 27.6K

http://www.comiclink.com/Auctions/item.asp?back=%2FComicTrack%2FAuctions%2Fbids.asp&id=1146236

The trimmed HA copy I rule out.

Edited by Gotham Kid

8 hours ago, Gotham Kid said:

Call me stupid but the missing chunk off the bottom right corner is pretty distracting given my OCD.

2 minutes ago, batman_fan said:

Call me stupid but the missing chunk off the bottom right corner is pretty distracting given my OCD.

Although the missing piece does not bother me tremendously (when simply looking at the book), it would likely bother me a lot more if I dropped $95K to buy it.

I also don't understand how a book with a piece that big missing still grades at 5.0 (but then again maybe I am the stupid one).

1 minute ago, Hudson said:

Although the missing piece does not bother me tremendously (when simply looking at the book), it would likely bother me a lot more if I dropped $95K to buy it.

I also don't understand how a book with a piece that big missing still grades at 5.0 (but then again maybe I am the stupid one).

missing pieces is one of my pet peeve, I am surprised it wasn't a 4.0 but I suspect it got a bump for exceptional flatness

48 minutes ago, Primetime said:

pretty big defect to still garner a 5.0 IMO even if it is a Tec 29. Regardless, it was worth $95k to someone and is still a nice book to own. 

true and true.

20 hours ago, Primetime said:

pretty big defect to still garner a 5.0 IMO even if it is a Tec 29. Regardless, it was worth $95k to someone and is still a nice book to own. 

I agree, Ben.

It is after all the 2nd cover for Batman.

As for me, I think HA's second Superman cover was much closer to a real 5.0.

1540689797_Action7Heritage5.0.jpg.91d97b10517d90b93758b3542d39672c.jpg

21 minutes ago, Hudson said:

I agree, Ben.

It is after all the 2nd cover for Batman.

As for me, I think HA's second Superman cover was much closer to a real 5.0.

1540689797_Action7Heritage5.0.jpg.91d97b10517d90b93758b3542d39672c.jpg

agreed, and I think the final price was lower than expected. 

The Tec 37 8.5 copy held by PristineComics, listed on ebay and on their web site for 125K, appears to have sold. The listing has been removed from ebay and marked as sold on their web site.

http://pristinecomics.com/all-comics/?sort=pricedesc

They also sold their copy of Detective 44 9.4 :x

Edited by Gotham Kid