• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Pre-Robin Tec Club
18 18

5,102 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Gotham Kid said:

The Tec 37 8.5 copy held by PristineComics, listed on ebay and on their web site for 125K, appears to have sold. The listing has been removed from ebay and marked as sold on their web site.

http://pristinecomics.com/all-comics/?sort=pricedesc

They also sold their copy of Detective 44 9.4 :x

It does not say sold when I click your link hm That our I am getting blinder (shrug)

Blind.jpg

On 5/10/2018 at 11:16 PM, batman_fan said:

missing pieces is one of my pet peeve, I am surprised it wasn't a 4.0 but I suspect it got a bump for exceptional flatness

You are bad!

7 minutes ago, Frisco Larson said:

SO happy to get this book in today!!!! BIG thanks to Vinnie and Frank at Metropolis for expediting the order so I could have it to enjoy this weekend!!! Sixth Batman appearance overall, fourth time his face appears on a cover (although not the cover feature) .... as close to a Batman cover pre-Robin Detective I can get right now (they're getting expensive!!) and for the foreseeable future. I'm very happy :) 

detective 32 front.jpg

Congrats !

1 hour ago, Frisco Larson said:

SO happy to get this book in today!!!! BIG thanks to Vinnie and Frank at Metropolis for expediting the order so I could have it to enjoy this weekend!!! Sixth Batman appearance overall, fourth time his face appears on a cover (although not the cover feature) .... as close to a Batman cover pre-Robin Detective I can get right now (they're getting expensive!!) and for the foreseeable future. I'm very happy :) 

detective 32 front.jpg

detective 32 back.jpg

Great book that any Batman guy would love to have :takeit:

4 hours ago, Primetime said:

And white pages too :smile:

Indeed it does, which was huge in my decision to grab it! I don't think I've ever seen another copy of 32 with that pq designation before. The 32 will stay in it's holder for now, but I might crack the 9 out at Russ' this weekend ;) 

2 hours ago, RareHighGrade said:

One of my very favorite pre-Bat covers.  Congrats!!  :applause:

Thank you very much RHG! I've always loved this book & this particular copy in fact, as it belonged to a longtime collector friend Jerome Wenker. For probably 25 years, I would visit him, bringing books to share, sometimes we'd buy books from each other and this exact copy of Tec 9 was always near the front of his Detective box. I've thumbed it up many times & it is very solid with nice pages. You can see at the top & bottom of the spine that it was slightly trimmed (probably 35 + years ago) and there is that colored tape on the spine. I can't show the label, but it feels all the 3.0 it was graded. It'll likely be out of that holder before this weekend is done. :) Btw, your copy is amazing!!!

4 hours ago, RareHighGrade said:

Here are the only two issues with a masked hero who isn't Batman.

Detective22(8.0).jpg

Detective34(BW).jpg

Beautiful copies!!! Did anyone ask Flessel if the 34 is actually the Crimson Avenger while he was still with us & answering questions? I know the John Richard Flanagan information came from him, which was tremendously enlightening! Where do you stand on that RHG?

2 hours ago, Frisco Larson said:

Beautiful copies!!! Did anyone ask Flessel if the 34 is actually the Crimson Avenger while he was still with us & answering questions? I know the John Richard Flanagan information came from him, which was tremendously enlightening! Where do you stand on that RHG?

I cannot recall if anyone confirmed it with Flessel, but it's generally accepted that the cover of #34 depicts the Crimson Avenger, and I agree.  Although his clothes on #34 are not identical to the outfit worn on #22, the mask and hat confirm it for me.  If anyone has any unslabbed copies of Detectives from this timeframe, let us know if the interiors provide further confirmation one way or another.