• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Pre-Robin Tec Club
18 18

5,086 posts in this topic

17 hours ago, RareHighGrade said:

Detective34(BW).jpg

There are 2 9.0s registered on the census but I wonder if they are not the BW copy registered twice ( there are 2 serial numbers in the HA archives for the book, naturally the second a result of CPR )

Great copy !

Edited by Gotham Kid

6 hours ago, Gotham Kid said:

There are 2 9.0s registered on the census but I wonder if they are not the BW copy registered twice ( there are 2 serial numbers in the HA archives for the book, naturally the second a result of CPR )

Great copy !

When I picked this up, the census had only one 9.0, so there's probably another 9.0 out there.

Detective Comics 29 is my all time favorite Batman cover.  Currently working on putting together a "war chest" to buy one in the next couple of years.

The cover to Tec 29 is also one of my favorites and definitely up there with the top Batman covers of all time. 

With Tec 31 the reason why I love this cover so much is because Batman is smack in the middle, big in size, hovering over a castle with its eeriness and darkness features. Also you gotta love the long pointy ears too!

With Tec 29, the one that grabs my attention is the Bat cape stretched out. 

4 hours ago, Dark Knight said:

The cover to Tec 29 is also one of my favorites and definitely up there with the top Batman covers of all time. 

With Tec 31 the reason why I love this cover so much is because Batman is smack in the middle, big in size, hovering over a castle with its eeriness and darkness features. Also you gotta love the long pointy ears too!

With Tec 29, the one that grabs my attention is the Bat cape stretched out. 

Yeah, I love the stretched out cape, and that his face is in the shadows.  Personally, I think it would have been a better introductory cover than the one on Detective Comics 27.

8 hours ago, D84 said:

Yeah, I love the stretched out cape, and that his face is in the shadows.  Personally, I think it would have been a better introductory cover than the one on Detective Comics 27.

I believe if Detective Comics #27 had the cover to #31, #27 would be valued FAR higher than it is right now.

Edited by Timely

26 minutes ago, Timely said:

I believe if Detective Comics #27 had the cover to #31, #27 would be valued FAR higher than it is right now.

I feel the same way about Motion Pictures Funnies. That cover :sick:  think what the price would be if it had a great Submariner or Human Torch cover.