• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Pre-Robin Tec Club
18 18

5,086 posts in this topic

9 hours ago, AnkurJ said:

Mine just happened to work out. Didn’t plan anything until hours before the auction.

Last time I had something that big that wasn’t  really planned I got to add another dependent on my insurance (:

Edited by ender
Spelling mistake

16 hours ago, Wayne-Tec said:

While this is true of many books, when I look at the “Big 4” (Action #1, Tec #27, Superman #1 and Batman #1) and how prices have climbed over the years, it’s hard not to kick oneself after seeing the same copies sell for 2x, 3x as much not all that long after.

What’s # 5 on your list ?  Just curious....

23 minutes ago, Chicago Boy said:

What’s # 5 on your list ?  Just curious....

Cap #1, Marvel #1 and Action #7 are all in the discussion. The two former have more potential and historical significance than the latter, which is an awfully hot book.

Though FMV shifts and may beg to differ at times, the Top-6 GA books of all-time, in my view, are...

Action #1

Detective #27

Superman #1

Batman #1

Marvel #1

Cap #1

55 minutes ago, Chicago Boy said:

When is #38 going to explode in price ?

right after I buy one, not before :wishluck:

It already has though :|

Edited by Gotham Kid

4 hours ago, AnkurJ said:

Detective 33 CGC 1.8 blue went for about $24k on eBay last night. Not a bad result.

Seems about right, Nice looking copy minus the detached and separated covers.  I would be worried about the placement of the front cover, could get damaged if left that way.

3 hours ago, Dark Knight said:

Yeah I agree with Peter that Tec 38 had already exploded in price and is doing very well compared to what about 3-5 years ago where copies sold for a bargain compared to pre-robin Tecs.

I personally don't care for 38 at all. I much prefer the darkness of the pre-Robin Tecs...not the smiling Bats on 38!  Anyone else...?  Can you imagine seeing those amazing covers on the newsstands for the still new character of the Batman??

2 hours ago, Bat34 said:

I personally don't care for 38 at all. I much prefer the darkness of the pre-Robin Tecs...not the smiling Bats on 38!  Anyone else...?  Can you imagine seeing those amazing covers on the newsstands for the still new character of the Batman??

Sorry Matt. Gonna disagree on this one. Inasmuch as a dark moody Batman was what started it all, I don't think it could have carried on forever in story telling. A sidekick would have bound to be necessary.

Edited by Gotham Kid

2 minutes ago, Gotham Kid said:

Sorry Matt. Gonna disagree on this one. Inasmuch as a dark moody Batman was what started it all, I don't think it could have carried on forever in story telling. A sidekick would have bound to be necessary.

And Batman wasn’t much darker in Tec #37 than he was in Tec #38. The transition away from the dark-tone began BEFORE Robin was a part of the picture.