• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Pre-Robin Tec Club
18 18

5,102 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, batman_fan said:
6 hours ago, Gotham Kid said:

Just in case anyone is considering the wwcomics copy of Detective 33

comiclink auction

wwcomics listing

why would they have cracked it?

I can think of 10,695 reasons why.  :gossip:

Especially now that it's a slightly higher graded copy in the hands of Steve Ritter.  :devil:

I believe this is a common practice of WW as they quite often buy a book from the major auction sites and either do the old CPR routine or simply sell it raw at a slightly higher grade.  hm

14 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

I can think of 10,695 reasons why.  :gossip:

Especially now that it's a slightly higher graded copy in the hands of Steve Ritter.  :devil:

I believe this is a common practice of WW as they quite often buy a book from the major auction sites and either do the old CPR routine or simply sell it raw at a slightly higher grade.  hm

Happened to me with Metropolis. 

Giving this thread a bump with a couple 37s being made available:

Tec 37 4.0 available atm in the For Sale forum.

https://www.cgccomics.com/boards/topic/457319-3-books-detective-dan-detective-37-bb-28/

There's also a 1.5 B being auctioned off on ebay.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1940-DC-DETECTIVE-COMICS-37-LAST-BATMAN-SOLO-STORY-CGC-1-5-UNIVERSAL/163794174320?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1431.l2649

Edited by Gotham Kid

10 hours ago, AnkurJ said:

Indeed!

144FA10A-1B1C-4732-8973-959B027D6894.jpeg

Can I have it all back? I remember when the guy presented me this Det 33 he was very excited to see what I would pay. I was excited also since how often in this lifetime do you get a chance to buy a pre-robin Detective? We were both disappointed when I discovered the interior was from a Tip Top comic. 

The Interior missing CF I got from a guy who had several coverless golden age comics. Glad they both found a good home

ebay sale tonight of $8900 for this Tec 37 1.5 brittle :sick: copy  !!   :whatthe:   :ohnoez:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1940-DC-DETECTIVE-COMICS-37-LAST-BATMAN-SOLO-STORY-CGC-1-5-UNIVERSAL/163794174320?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1431.l2649

Anybody see the 4.0 for 15K being offered in the Sales forum :juggle:

Edited by Gotham Kid

18 minutes ago, Gotham Kid said:

ebay sale tonight of $8900 for this Tec 37 1.5 brittle :sick: copy  !!   :whatthe:   :ohnoez:

Anybody see the 4.0 for 15K being offered in the Sales forum :juggle:

8900.......... sure makes the last HA sale seem like a steal.  

Time to revive this thread..  No I do not have a new Pre-Robin Tec book, but just wanted to comment on the Tec 33 CGC "3.5" that just ended at CL this evening.  Book was previously in a 3.0 holder about 7 months ago where it sold on CL for around $27,800. Hammer price today as a 3.5 was $2,7250. I guess the good ole upgrade for a quick flip didn't work for the consignor :p

6 hours ago, Dark Knight said:

Time to revive this thread..  No I do not have a new Pre-Robin Tec book, but just wanted to comment on the Tec 33 CGC "3.5" that just ended at CL this evening.  Book was previously in a 3.0 holder about 7 months ago where it sold on CL for around $27,800. Hammer price today as a 3.5 was $27,250. I guess the good ole upgrade for a quick flip didn't work for the consignor :p

from a PM I sent to an insterested boardie:

That book was bought by Stephen Ritter ( WorldWide Comics ) at auction on ComicLink for $27,805 5/28/2019 as a 3.0. I think it circulated raw before that on ebay a while before.

He cracked it out and was selling raw as a "4.0" (full grade higher than CGC grade) on his site for 38.5K.

Got fed up after a while, had it pressed re-subbed and managed the 3.5. Same asking price.

It has a "pending sale" on his site.

https://www.wwcomics.com/comicdetail.asp?Product_ID=Detective_33_88484

It will likely be shilled on ComicLink (apparently not hard enough)

It didn't sell strong as a 3.0, it won't either as a 3.5. The reason is obvious. That particular copy will always under-sell, all things being "free of shenanigans."

Scan for posterity

33.jpg.5f7ce3d4d63c51bfd373e21d00998e4b.jpg

ALL I have to say about all this is suck it !!!  lol  lol  lol

Edited by Gotham Kid