• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Pre-Robin Tec Club
18 18

5,102 posts in this topic

Yeah I passed on that Tec 33 because of the name in pen writing. Just a turn off for me. Cant believe Stephen Ritter tried to sell it a full grade higher, actually doesn't surprise me because I bought a raw book from him before and it graded out a full grade lower than what he graded. 

I wonder if he does a lot of this crack out of slab to sell raw at a higher grade sort of thing hm

7 hours ago, Gotham Kid said:

from a PM I sent to an insterested boardie:

That book was bought by Stephen Ritter ( WorldWide Comics ) at auction on ComicLink for $27,805 5/28/2019 as a 3.0. I think it circulated raw before that on ebay a while before.

He cracked it out and was selling raw as a "4.0" (full grade higher than CGC grade) on his site for 38.5K.

Got fed up after a while, had it pressed re-subbed and managed the 3.5. Same asking price.

It has a "pending sale" on his site.

https://www.wwcomics.com/comicdetail.asp?Product_ID=Detective_33_88484

It will likely be shilled on ComicLink (apparently not hard enough)

It didn't sell strong as a 3.0, it won't either as a 3.5. The reason is obvious. That particular copy will always under-sell, all things being "free of shenanigans."

Scan for posterity

33.jpg.5f7ce3d4d63c51bfd373e21d00998e4b.jpg

ALL I have to say about all this is suck it !!!  lol  lol  lol

This may seem presumptuous of me, given my low post count, but . . .

Good job everyone on this thread.

I, too, passed on it earlier this year, and then again last night, due to the unsightly name. I own books with kids names written on them(Tommy Thorson, anyone?), and I guess to me it just depends on its placement on the cover and it’s level of neatness. 

Edited by GreatCaesarsGhost

32 minutes ago, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

This may seem presumptuous of me, given my low post count, but . . .

Good job everyone on this thread.

I, too, passed on it earlier this year, and then again last night, due to the unsightly name. I own books with kids names written on them(Tommy Thorson, anyone?), and I guess to me it just depends on its placement on the cover and it’s level of neatness. 

Second most impt Bat book imo and should be priced accordingly 

50 minutes ago, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

Tommy had a cool last name: Thorson. Verily I tell you. By Odin ! :sumo:

Ernest. Umm...not so much.

Edited by Gotham Kid

On 12/4/2019 at 6:02 AM, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

I own books with kids names written on them(Tommy Thorson, anyone?), and I guess to me it just depends on its placement on the cover and it’s level of neatness. 

I have 2 from the Tommy Thorson collection, one with the name and one without...cool collection, nice to know another quality boardie has one (although I cannot compare mine to your fine collection overall!)

1 hour ago, D84 said:

Do you think a professional cleaning can help this one?  It's already conserved.

A clean would bother me less than a married bc.

Edited by Gotham Kid