• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Pre-Robin Tec Club
18 18

5,102 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Bat34 said:

I have 2 from the Tommy Thorson collection, one with the name and one without...cool collection, nice to know another quality boardie has one (although I cannot compare mine to your fine collection overall!)

Interesting that you also have some Tommy Thorson books. Are they Tecs?

And calling what I have a “collection” is too kind. It’s more like a small, intimate gathering of friends. But thanks for the compliment 

Seriously would you consider it?.............. Recent and sincere PM.  "Hi, I have been a board member since 2007 I can provide many references for private trades and sales. I saw your recent posts about your cover less Tec # 27 ( I assume you still have it?). I have been in the market for a complete copy for the past few years and wanted to throw out a potential trade/cash offer. I have a ow/w Blue 6.5 AF # 15 & think it's a very fair straight up trade offer in terms of value and potential future MG.  If your interested I can send better scans. Based on your recent posts I know your not looking to sell/trade your book at this time but if you have a counter proposal or decide to let the book go please let me know as I have many other significant Silver keys ASM #1 9.2, DD #1 9.2 SS, FF # 48 9.4, TMNT #1 1st 9.6, Silver Surfer # 1 SS 9.2 to name a few. I am on a GA kick the past few years & I am very open to counter offers". Thank you for your time and have a great Thanksgiving"  

Please Note: I asked if it was ok to post this because I am looking for input, please keep in mind this is a fellow board member so be cool either way! Not sure if this post belongs here but seemed like as good a place as any :)

Edited by Frank Mozz

Just to bump this thread a bit and stir the pot.  Maybe this has been raised on this board before (maybe by me?)...but I often am in awe when I think about the kids that got to see these amazing GA covers on the newsstands each month.  That is one of the reasons I love the Pre-Robins...the darkness, the amazing cover etc.  

Just amazing.  My favorite is 37.

On 12/3/2019 at 10:34 PM, Gotham Kid said:
On 12/3/2019 at 9:43 PM, Dark Knight said:

Time to revive this thread..  No I do not have a new Pre-Robin Tec book, but just wanted to comment on the Tec 33 CGC "3.5" that just ended at CL this evening.  Book was previously in a 3.0 holder about 7 months ago where it sold on CL for around $27,800. Hammer price today as a 3.5 was $27,250. I guess the good ole upgrade for a quick flip didn't work for the consignor :p

from a PM I sent to an insterested boardie:

That book was bought by Stephen Ritter ( WorldWide Comics ) at auction on ComicLink for $27,805 5/28/2019 as a 3.0. I think it circulated raw before that on ebay a while before.

He cracked it out and was selling raw as a "4.0" (full grade higher than CGC grade) on his site for 38.5K.

Got fed up after a while, had it pressed re-subbed and managed the 3.5. Same asking price.

It has a "pending sale" on his site.

https://www.wwcomics.com/comicdetail.asp?Product_ID=Detective_33_88484

It will likely be shilled on ComicLink (apparently not hard enough)

Typcial MO for one of Ritter's acqiusitions which were so successful with his Jon Berk purchases, but apparently not so easy with some of these more recent ones.  :applause:

Sounds like it's these types of transactions that allows Tim to LOVE this hobby more and more with each passing day.  (thumbsu  lol

Edited by lou_fine

On ‎12‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 4:56 AM, Frank Mozz said:

Seriously would you consider it?.............. Recent and sincere PM.  "Hi, I have been a board member since 2007 I can provide many references for private trades and sales. I saw your recent posts about your cover less Tec # 27 ( I assume you still have it?). I have been in the market for a complete copy for the past few years and wanted to throw out a potential trade/cash offer. I have a ow/w Blue 6.5 AF # 15 & think it's a very fair straight up trade offer in terms of value and potential future MG.  If your interested I can send better scans. Based on your recent posts I know your not looking to sell/trade your book at this time but if you have a counter proposal or decide to let the book go please let me know as I have many other significant Silver keys ASM #1 9.2, DD #1 9.2 SS, FF # 48 9.4, TMNT #1 1st 9.6, Silver Surfer # 1 SS 9.2 to name a few. I am on a GA kick the past few years & I am very open to counter offers". Thank you for your time and have a great Thanksgiving"  

Please Note: I asked if it was ok to post this because I am looking for input, please keep in mind this is a fellow board member so be cool either way! Not sure if this post belongs here but seemed like as good a place as any :)

:whatthe:

On 12/6/2019 at 6:56 AM, Frank Mozz said:

What’s a 6.5 AF 15 FMV these days ? 

31 minutes ago, Gotham Kid said:

60K ?

If that’s the case it doesn’t seem like a fair trade $ wise to me personally  ( potential not taken into effect ). I’ve always said I think a complete coverless is 80 k ( with all due respect to Holden at 100k :) ) 

Edited by Chicago Boy

On 12/6/2019 at 7:56 AM, Frank Mozz said:

I'm not up to snuff with AF #15 FMV but assuming the values are comparable, I'd go with the Tec #27 without much hesitation.

On 12/15/2019 at 7:36 AM, Chicago Boy said:

eBay has a 6.5 blue AF 15 for 92k.  Can only assume it’s overpriced in that venue ?

I don't own an AF15 nor do I intend to, but if I did who is to stop me from listing it on ebay with a 1Mil BIN ? No one. Cause ... eBay.

Where overpriced listings rule the day.

Edited by Gotham Kid