• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Pre-Robin Tec Club
18 18

5,086 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Chicago Boy said:

Saw it on GPA ( I thought ). What gives ?  Backstory ??

This is the preRobin Detective thread mate. If you want all the latest info/discussions, I suggest you visit the AF15 threads in Silver. The last thing we need is yet another AF15 thread, sorry.

Edited by Gotham Kid

4 hours ago, Gotham Kid said:

This is the preRobin Detective thread mate. If you want all the latest info/discussions, I suggest you visit the AF15 threads in Silver. The last thing we need is yet another AF15 thread, sorry.

Touché 😊.  To wrap it up it looks like a boardie with a coverless complete Tec 27 with nice eye appeal and decent page quality was offered for a bostdie’s 6.5 AF 15 (which I assume has no marvel chipping  ) and it looks to be a straight up trade at 100 k. 👍🏻

On 1/14/2020 at 8:19 AM, Tbone911t said:

Winning bidder never paid! Lucky for me. 

30.jpg

Congrats on your pickup here.  :applause:

Hopefully, the auction house offered the book to you at lower than your losing bid, say at the point that the 3rd place bidder dropped out. :wishluck:

Especially since the bidding possibly only managed to get that high because of the delinquent winning bidder who refused to pay in the end. hm

Another Tec 30 that sold.

https://www.comicconnect.com/item/778961#description

Some tanning on this one. :eek:

Based upon the lin you provided to us, I assume this copy of 'Tec 30 must have sold through CC, as opposed to going through auction since it has no posted date. 

Looks like their auction site is very very slowly starting to come into form. :taptaptap:  :taptaptap:

Have strong doubts though if they will finish it in time for their usual February / March scheduled Event Auction. (shrug)

9 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

Looks like their auction site is very very slowly starting to come into form.

Indeed. Only 27 books listed for the EVENT AUCTION so far.

Edited by Gotham Kid

2 hours ago, Dark Knight said:

Indeed. Only 27 books listed for the EVENT AUCTION so far.

Must be a good sign that a Tec 27 will be up for auction :p

Well, that's definite sign of progress regress as that's one less than the 28 books they had there all week. :facepalm:

Makes me wonder if one of the consignors got upset with the whole shemozzle and decided to take their book back out?  :censored:

I will say those very early pre-hero DC books do look quite tempting as books like this hardly ever come to market, especially in unrestored mid-grade condition.  :luhv:

3 minutes ago, Gotham Kid said:

The one book removed was the restored Tec 29 7.5. He must have sold it elsewhere.

Or maybe it'll be like the CGC 9.4 graded copy of AF 15 at HA the other week and simply reappear again just like that.  :whistle:

21 minutes ago, rsouxlja7 said:

What do you guys think is the entry price for a complete Detective 27 and 29? Low-mid grade restored but complete? Unrestored?

Low grade Tec 27 unrestored? $600k for a 1.5-2.0. $700k for 3.0-4.0.

Those who own them will says it’s more, and they may be right

But I defer to the expertise of Gotham Kid