• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Pre-Robin Tec Club
18 18

5,086 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, Gotham Kid said:

Tec 28 Billy Wright trajectory

May 2012 $38,837 HA

Dec 2016 $64,000 CC

Mar 2019 $72,000 CC

Sept 2020 $80,000 CC

4 hours ago, Aman619 said:

Id think it would sell for more.. one of the highest graded copies...  but no bats on cover is a heavy load.

+2

As did I, which goes to confirm that this is still a much underappreciated and undervalued book in this current hyper cover focused marketplace. hm

Especially since 'Tec 28 is not only Bat's second overall appearance, but also a book that is considered by virtually all collectors in the know as being the rarest of all the pre-Robin 'Tec books.  A ccheck of the CGC Population Census Report definitely confirms this as 'Tec 28 has far fewer copies graded and slabbed by a long shot as compared to any single other pre-Robin 'Tec books out there.  :cloud9:

Edited by lou_fine

2 hours ago, lou_fine said:

+2

As did I, which goes to confirm that this is still a much underappreciated and undervalued book in this current hyper cover focused marketplace. hm

Especially since 'Tec 28 is not only Bat's second overall appearance, but also a book that is considered by virtually all collectors in the know as being the rarest of all the pre-Robin 'Tec books.  A check of the CGC Population Census Report definitely confirms this as 'Tec 28 has far fewer copies graded and slabbed by a long shot as compared to any single other pre-Robin 'Tec books out there.  :cloud9:

+3

18 minutes ago, Gotham Kid said:

Total of 37 graded copies on census ( and likely 1 or 2 more should be removed, haven't dedicated much time to tracking them down )

Yes, I imagine collectors prefer to grade and slab the Bat covers which is no surprise as the next 2 closest issues are 'Tec 30 with a total of 57 copies graded to date and then 'Tec 32 with 63 copies.  (thumbsu

This is then followed by all of the other pre-Robin 'Tec issues at pretty much double plus the census count of where Detective 28 came in at.  hm

Edited by lou_fine

47 minutes ago, Larryw7 said:

I love this cover, but not as much as those with Batman. But the story is great.

If you are comparing the Fred Guardineer 'Tec 30 cover image artwork to his 'Tec 28 cover artwork, it's really no contest from my own personal POV as I would definitely go for this one here in a flash:  :cloud9:

det1.15940a.jpg

1 hour ago, Larryw7 said:

I like the 28 better too, but I think it's because I know it's Batman second appearance. Nothing (except the first appearance) is better than that.

Gee, and I guess that's why I also prefer 'Tec 29 over the much more highly acclaimed 'Tec 31, since it's his 3rd appearance :luhv:  over his 5th appearance.  :p  lol

Edited by lou_fine