• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Pre-Robin Tec Club
18 18

5,102 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, lou_fine said:

Do you have a link handy for this $8K sale that you are referencing?  hm

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Raro-1940-Golden-Age-Detective-36-Origem-limpos-5-5-Teclas-1ST-Hugo-Strange-/265032738940?_trksid=p2385738.m4383.l10137.c10&nordt=true&rt=nc&orig_cvip=true

Edited by Gotham Kid

2 hours ago, Gotham Kid said:

I came in 5th place on that one. 49,000, I can't find the words to express my feelings. Well I can but most of them would break board rules.

3 hours ago, Professor Chaos said:

I came in 5th place on that one. 49,000, I can't find the words to express my feelings. Well I can but most of them would break board rules.

No words just :screwy:

50 minutes ago, woowoo said:

No words just :screwy:

I was going to make him/her an offer of the exact amount they paid for it just to mess with him/her, but they might actually accept and I think even 7,656.58 was a little too high for it. 

58 minutes ago, Professor Chaos said:

I was going to make him/her an offer of the exact amount they paid for it just to mess with him/her, but they might actually accept and I think even 7,656.58 was a little too high for it. 

I literally had exactly the same thought process.  Like word for word.  

5 hours ago, Dark Knight said:

$49k for a restored Tec 36 5.5!?! lol:screwy:  Guys' dreaming for days with that price..  I wouldn't even buy it for $5k

I'm thinking optimistally at the moment when I say the buyer turned seller probably wants to keep it and he just listed it to draw attention to his other  e bay sales items. Detective Comics 36 is an attention grabber. It made me look at his other stuff.