• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Pre-Robin Tec Club
18 18

5,102 posts in this topic

I am incredibly excited about a book that I recently picked up from fellow boardie, jgallo.

It's one that I've been wanting for a very very long time.

Since I prefer my books slabbed, I overnighted this one to CGC the same day I received the package.

It's coverless and it's had some work done, but it is still a Detective Comics #29!

mine6-1.jpg

did you get a chance to read it? that's a great issue, would of loved to thumb through it myself.

I was tempted to, but no.

I didn't even take it out of the bubble-wrap it was shipped to me in.

It went from one box straight into another, then directly off to the Post Office so I could overnight it to CGC. (thumbs u

Awesome Awesome pick up!! (worship)

Tec 29 :cloud9:

That's a crazy cool book to have. :cool:

And the splash is to die for. :cool:

Thanks Alex. :foryou:

Just received my email-image of the book slabbed from CGC earlier today:

mine9-1.jpg

Not sure if I ever posted up my current tri fecta in a row, so please parden the re hash, but I so love them.

RADFA91E2011105_123229.jpg[/img]

photo.jpg

0145018001a.jpg

Bunky, you are on fire my Man!! (worship) Whatever happened to the guy who was content just collecting Centaurs?

He struck oil lol

I am incredibly excited about a book that I recently picked up from fellow boardie, jgallo.

Since I prefer my books slabbed, I overnighted this one to CGC the same day I received the package.

It's coverless and it's had some work done, but it is still a Detective Comics #29!

mine6-1.jpg

did you get a chance to read it? that's a great issue, would of loved to thumb through it myself.

It went from one box straight into another, then directly off to the Post Office so I could overnight it to CGC. (thumbs u

mine9-1.jpg

I love that Dr. Death story. Congrats! :applause:

Not sure if I ever posted up my current tri fecta in a row, so please parden the re hash, but I so love them.

photo.jpg

0145018001a.jpg

Bunky, you are on fire my Man!! (worship) Whatever happened to the guy who was content just collecting Centaurs?

He struck oil lol

photo.jpg

0145018001a.jpg

Peter (thumbs u Just expanded the herd a little, (shrug) Church Centaurs, still my thang...

mine6-1.jpg

mine9-1.jpg

I love that Dr. Death story. Congrats! :applause:

Thanks! :)

There is a lot to love about the story in Detective Comics #29.

As understand it, the story was Gardner Fox's first work on the character, and it's clear that his contributions had a strong influence on the evolution of Batman's 'gothic' roots.

Dr. Death was really Batman's first Supervillain, and this may have been the first story in the Pre-Robin run to have the character feel like, well...Batman.

Can't wait to get the freshly-slabbed book in hand. :cloud9:

I received my freshly-slabbed Detective Comics #29 from CGC last week; but only just now got around to taking some pics:

mine15.jpg

mine16.jpg

This book has been a long time coming as I've rarely seen coverless copies offered for sale. Fellow board-member jgallo had the cover of his Tec #29 attached to a non-married interior, which made his old interior available.

I was fortunate enough to acquire that coverless-interior via trade with James and I immediately had the book shipped out overnight to CGC.

Needless to say, I couldn't be happier with the results. :cloud9:

I received my freshly-slabbed Detective Comics #29 from CGC last week; but only just now got around to taking some pics:

mine15.jpg

mine16.jpg

This book has been a long time coming as I've rarely seen coverless copies offered for sale. Fellow board-member jgallo had the cover of his Tec #29 attached to a non-married interior, which made his old interior available.

I was fortunate enough to acquire that coverless-interior via trade with James and I immediately had the book shipped out overnight to CGC.

Awesome. The pages are OW too. Congrats. :applause:

mine15.jpg

mine16.jpg

Epic, Epic, Epic!!!!!!!! :applause::headbang:(worship)

Awesome book man!

Mega Mega Pick up! :cloud9:

Looks darn sharp in the slab. :cool:

Awesome. The pages are OW too. Congrats. :applause:

Awesome book man!

Thanks so much guys. :acclaim:

Not an easy book to find or land in any condition.

I am very happy to finally own one! :headbang:

mine15.jpg

mine16.jpg

Awesome book man!

Almost twins

batman001.jpg

Also my favorite page

batman004.jpg

mine15.jpg

mine16.jpg

Awesome book man!

Almost twins

batman001.jpg

Also my favorite page

batman004.jpg

Sick looking copy even the way it is. Pre robin tecs are a club I dont think I'll ever make it into :( Edited by ASMguyyy

mine15.jpg

mine16.jpg

Awesome book man!

Almost twins

batman001.jpg

Also my favorite page

batman004.jpg

That is an incredible Tec #29. :applause:

Though the logo is clipped, you still get to appreciate that classic 1930's Pre-Robin Tec splash. (worship)

Might very well be the coolest book of the entire run. :headbang: