• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Pre-Robin Tec Club
18 18

5,102 posts in this topic

big difference between 10k and 20k buyers. Spending 10k doesn't mean one will can can afford 20k. I sold a Tec 29 CGC 1.5 slight for $12k a year and a half ago. There is great power in a pre robin Tec :grin:

Thresholds exist at pretty much every level.

We all have our limits, and I'd imagine that there are a number of collectors where 10K would be about the greatest extent that they'd be able to go for a "grail" book like Detective Comics #29.

Even if a higher graded copy could be had for 5-10K more, they'd then have to double their threshold which for many, would be financially impossible.

Those with 20K to spend on a comic book are probably more willing to hold out and double the 10K figure for a better copy. To those with only 10K to spend, a 1.0 might be their only opportunity to land a book of this caliber before the value pulls even further out of reach.

There is only one 1.0 and one 0.5 on the CGC census. I do not know of the 0.5 is fully complete or not, so this 1.0 might be the lowest-graded slabbed complete copy in the entire world.

Think about it.

How many collectors with a 10K threshold are needed to help elevate this very rare opportunity to high figures?

We are not talking AF #15 here, we're talking about one of the most desirable GA comic books of all time with a very very very limited supply in the "low-grade, complete, slabbed" department.

I don't see any reason why the value won't continue to climb further and further. (thumbs u

+1 I agree 100%. Also Jgallo thats like saying well i wanted to buy a Chevy cobalt and someone saying your being lazy go buy a Lamborgini lol. Just because 10K might not be much money to you it could be there maximum to spend and have other resposibilities other than comics. Not everyone has "other books to dump to fund new ones" 10K is a lot of money in my eyes so doubling that is crazy. I really dont see this 29 selling for that price as anything "crazy" at all, like i said id have spent that in a heartbeat if i could.

Edited by mt1000

big difference between 10k and 20k buyers. Spending 10k doesn't mean one will can can afford 20k. I sold a Tec 29 CGC 1.5 slight for $12k a year and a half ago. There is great power in a pre robin Tec :grin:

We all have our limits, and I'd imagine that there are a number of collectors where 10K would be about the greatest extent that they'd be able to go for a "grail" book like Detective Comics #29.

Even if a higher graded copy could be had for 5-10K more, they'd then have to double their threshold which for many, would be financially impossible.

Those with 20K to spend on a comic book are probably more willing to hold out and double the 10K figure for a better copy. To those with only 10K to spend, a 1.0 might be their only opportunity to land a book of this caliber before the value pulls even further out of reach.

There is only one 1.0 and one 0.5 on the CGC census. I do not know of the 0.5 is fully complete or not, so this 1.0 might be the lowest-graded slabbed complete copy in the entire world.

Think about it.

How many collectors with a 10K threshold are needed to help elevate this very rare opportunity to high figures?

We are not talking AF #15 here, we're talking about one of the most desirable GA comic books of all time with a very very very limited supply in the "low-grade, complete, slabbed" department.

I don't see any reason why the value won't continue to climb further and further. (thumbs u

+1 I agree 100%. Also Jgallo thats like saying well i wanted to buy a Chevy cobalt and someone saying your being lazy go buy a Lamborgini lol. Just because 10K might not be much money to you it could be there maximum to spend and have other resposibilities other than comics. Not everyone has "other books to dump to fund new ones" 10K is a lot of money in my eyes so doubling that is crazy. I really dont see this 29 selling for that price as anything "crazy" at all, like i said id have spent that in a heartbeat if i could.

Not at all with your car thing the difference is 100K or more.

Do you have that fantasy in your avatar, 1.5 easy to replace and worth what 4K these days. That is another book.

Look at Wayne-Tec he started off with a panel to a Superman one and now has a complete coverless tec 29 what did he do, he moved up his top out amount. It was 250 at first and now its 2500, that is a huge jump but he did it and not in a large amount of time.

I am not saying 10K isn't a lot of cash as it is, I am just saying that if your motivated you could jump up to the next level on a book or two. Yes you might have to lose a whole bunch of other books but I find it easier to buy back the book under 1000 then it is to buy a 10-20K book. Plus the cheaper books tend to show up a lot more often.

I see it more as a mental decision then anything else... Just my opinion

James G

Think about it.

Not at all with your car thing the difference is 100K or more.

Do you have that fantasy in your avatar, 1.5 easy to replace and worth what 4K these days. That is another book.

Look at Wayne-Tec he started off with a panel to a Superman one and now has a complete coverless tec 29 what did he do, he moved up his top out amount. It was 250 at first and now its 2500, that is a huge jump but he did it and not in a large amount of time.

I am not saying 10K isn't a lot of cash as it is, I am just saying that if your motivated you could jump up to the next level on a book or two. Yes you might have to lose a whole bunch of other books but I find it easier to buy back the book under 1000 then it is to buy a 10-20K book. Plus the cheaper books tend to show up a lot more often.

I see it more as a mental decision then anything else... Just my opinion

James G

No i get what your saying i wasnt tring to argue. Everybody's money situation is different. Its a 2.5 BTW :roflmao:

Edited by mt1000

This is from the Ebay listing. There were also pics of interior pages, some of which had margin notes I believe. The seller was popscomicbooks. If someone can track them down, they might still have the rest of the scans.

Marvel1FileCopy.jpg

There it is, straight out of Compton! :cloud9: I've go this sucker saved in my Photobucket, its a dream book for me, an October file copy.

This is from the Ebay listing. There were also pics of interior pages, some of which had margin notes I believe. The seller was popscomicbooks. If someone can track them down, they might still have the rest of the scans.

Marvel1FileCopy.jpg

That is wild! Any idea if it sold, or what it sold for on ebay?

Marvel1FileCopy.jpg

That is wild! Any idea if it sold, or what it sold for on ebay?

Ryan I think it went for full asking price $26K-$29K.

What's going on around here?

Clink just posted a Tec 33 0.5 - for $5K! And it's already at $4.45K in offers...

Really?

The 2.0 just sold for $7.6K at Clink's auction - so what's going on here? Someone overreaching...

hm

I would say depending on how it presents a .5 Tec 33 is worth about 2-5K max. This Tec 33 you point out on Comiclink is an exceptionally nice presenting .5, and appears to be a .5 out of technicality (the detached and split cover would be 1.0, but that combined with the chunk out of the back appears to have pushed it over to .5)

In this one instance, because it presents so nice, I think the 5K is justified. hm

There's got to be a floor on everything. These kind of .5's are very uncommon "diamonds in the rough"

I sold a Tec 35 much in this same shape (detached and split cover and first wrap) and was restored as a .5 CGC and got $5100 back in early 2011.

In my opinion a true Tec 33 2.0 is worth roughly 8-10K depending on how it presents. That 2.0 that sold did not look bad but not great and the wretched case may have hampered its appeal. (I can't stand those cases and might even skip a book just because of the wretched case - can't store those conveniently at all and looks terrible). So the $7,000 or so made sense on it there.

No problem.

I don't know if it was a true tutorial, but it was defiantly a comic geek rambling about his opinions. lol

And yes it is, but I purchased it after the auction, (for a bit more :grin::sick:)

Clink just posted a Tec 33 0.5 - for $5K! And it's already at $4.45K in offers...

Really?

The 2.0 just sold for $7.6K at Clink's auction - so what's going on here? Someone overreaching...

I think the water damage hurts the grade more then the piece out. If that stain goes through the whole book and it looks like it does, then the .5 grade is correct, but I could see it it a 1.0 holder as well. The scan has a ton of glare so its hard to see how it really looks.

It does present well for the grade, but if that thing got wet the paper may have problems as water tends to get stuff brittle over time.

James G

Really?

I think the water damage hurts the grade more then the piece out. If that stain goes through the whole book and it looks like it does, then the .5 grade is correct, but I could see it it a 1.0 holder as well. The scan has a ton of glare so its hard to see how it really looks.

It does present well for the grade, but if that thing got wet the paper may have problems as water tends to get stuff brittle over time.

James G

yep, CGC hammers grades for moisture damage :P

Look at Wayne-Tec he started off with a panel to a Superman one and now has a complete coverless tec 29

:o I've been away from the boards... I thought Wayne-Tec was trapped in the Baxter Building.

BTW, congrats to Wayne-Tec.

I spoke too soon. Wayne is no longer in the Pre-Robin Tec Club...?