• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Pre-Robin Tec Club
18 18

5,086 posts in this topic

I still think Tec 33 is waayyyyy undervalued! Origin of Batman retold first time told!?!? Come on!

I hear you DK.

The most important 2 pages in comic book history every printed. Period.

When you consider a 4.0-4.5 can be bought in the mid teens, where by 29, 31 and 35 all sell in the 30k+ (for 29 and 31) and mid to high 20k for the 35, 33 is really undervalued. A 36 4.5 has already broken 10k+. Origin of Batman makes it a key for me.

It's the result of a cover driven hobby. 31 and 29 both have their attractive facts. I think the hot cover (31) and second bat cover and bit more rarity and early book (29) have always pushed the 33 behind, despite the origin and not too shabby cover. Gun holster and full wing span is great. I think the darkness of the dark knight is encapsulated on the 29 and 31 covers. Had the 33 been drawn wth a full moon and rolling fog at night, it would appeal to me more. Even the 27 has a so so cover in my opinion because it's a day time shot. He's the "dark" knight for a reason.

Hey, anyone who is willing to continuously apologize for this can't be a total dirtbag. I'm not following this too closely, but what does everyone want him to do at this point? Sell it for what he paid and not a penny more? He got a good deal, is trying to raise money, and has some profit in this book now. What am I missing he? Besides to umbrage and anger?

Wayne-Tec can continue to apologize all he wants but it's all wildly_fanciful_statement. The fact that he equates taking from a boardie who was here for due diligence on a book, to eBay's "Buy It Now" shows that he doesn't understand what he did and lacks remorse. I haven't followed too closely but from his posts the boardie did not appear to give up his interest in the book and was asking for opinions at the time of Wayne-Tec's grab.

With hindsight, the newbie might have taken more precaution as a stakeholder. On the other hand, I would have expected boardies here to help each other out... and respect certain communications as sacred. No one here ought to feel paranoid that a lead can be pulled from under them when asking for advice.

What to do now at this point? How about telling Wayne-Tec (and future Wayne-Tecs) to cut it out and show this board is not made up of wolves. Wayne-Tec's actions tell me he is far more of a speculator than a fan of comics. Nevermind the book he's going to steal may be another's hard to attain grail. There will be more flips in his future I'm sure. The only question is how many more collectors will he insult and step on for a few dollars more?

You mean like if someone gave a fellow boardie a book, only to ask for it back so they could list it on CC?

That kind of message, about money not being more important then stomping on a fellow boardie.

I totally agree.

Finally Joined the club. Need cover 1st wrap and a few pages. But it is the 2nd apperance of the Batman and unrestored.

detectivecomics28.jpg

Fantastic pick up Dillon! :applause:

Tec #28 may very well be the most difficult and scarce of all Pre-Robin Tecs.

To own a copy in any condition is truly an amazing feat.

Congratulations! :golfclap:

Finally Joined the club. Need cover 1st wrap and a few pages. But it is the 2nd apperance of the Batman and unrestored.

detectivecomics28.jpg

I purchased this on Heritage on July 22. Heritage mistakenly mailed it to the wrong person, and apparently that person decided to sell it on eBay instead of being honest. At least I know what happened to it...

Thanks Wayne. This is 1 of 12 Unrestored copies that have been graded.

With all due respect and I am not trying to talk about your purchase, but I consider unrestored copies to be a complete book, coverless book, or a book missing a cover. I don't consider calling just a single wrap or page to be in the same category as unrestored in the CGC census.

detectivecomics28.jpg

I purchased this on Heritage on July 22. Heritage mistakenly mailed it to the wrong person, and apparently that person decided to sell it on eBay instead of being honest. At least I know what happened to it...

:o

Did you alert HA about the eBay auction?

Here's the link: http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&_trksid=p4340.l2557&nma=true&rt=nc&rt=nc&item=200806816431&pt=US_Comic_Books&si=6VeUK1R%252FPLxezfLLeyLf7MVQTZA%253D&orig_cvip=true&hash=item2ec104daaf

That's outrageous, and is serious crime. HA should go after the seller.