• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Pre-Robin Tec Club
18 18

5,102 posts in this topic

Detective #33 CGC 4.0 cr/ow

unpressed

raw in a private collection for decades

Tec3340.jpg

didn't think 33s were in your scope. Nice :)

:applause:

I've always had a soft spot for Tec #33

when I first put my tec run together some 10 years ago, tec 33 was the book I sought "first"....it was "old school" thinking (since I had not actively collected since the mid 90's, upon my return 10 years ago)...

I quickly realized, in our cgc cover centric world, that I should have gone after 31/29/35 first, but never regretted owning a nice 33!

I'd take the content AND the iconic cover of Tec 33 over just the "cool" covers of those others any day. Awesome book! (thumbs u

-J.

Detective #33 CGC 4.0 cr/ow

unpressed

raw in a private collection for decades

Tec3340.jpg

Tec #33 is on another stratosphere, content-wise, compared to all it's other Pre-Robin Tec contemporaries (sans #27). Covers go in and out of vogue, and #33 has a pretty cool cover in its own right. Content vs. content, it blows 29,31 and 35 out of the water.

Beautiful pick-up. Congrats! :applause:

This is me holding someone else's Det 33. I figured I may not ever get the chance to pick up an actual copy so it was as close as I was going to get.

65059_10151886091586049_1774644959_n

Hope to pick up an actual copy at some point in the next 5-10 years though. I realized if you want something bad enough, you can get it. :wishluck:

Submariner,

Have we met before? Or does someone else have the same tatoo? lol

Hahhahha!

wow! what a great subject and photographer!! lol

i was actually referring to you and since i when i came in to metro for business. shhh. please dont tell for what;) you mentioned your tattoo. Amazing!!!!!!! i still have it on my iphone. but for privacy issues i didnt want to say who you were nor post a pic of it even though i was itching to do so cause its an awesome pic with an awesome book;)

This is me holding someone else's Det 33. I figured I may not ever get the chance to pick up an actual copy so it was as close as I was going to get.

Hope to pick up an actual copy at some point in the next 5-10 years though. I realized if you want something bad enough, you can get it. :wishluck:

Submariner,

Hummm..... you should have never posted the pic... now prices will double lol

Like i said to you: money doesnt exist.

if you put your mind to it you will be able to a copy even sooner.

you have bright mind and have time on your side so i dont any seeing any reason why you shouldnt be able to get all that you desire. within reason.... cause that tec 33 cgc 9.2 that sold for 200k that you held in your hands( lucky guy) might be a bit out of reach lol

btw really nice meeting you and i should be seeing you guys soon!!

Submariner,

you have bright mind and have time on your side so i dont any seeing any reason why you shouldnt be able to get all that you desire. within reason.... cause that tec 33 cgc 9.2 that sold for 200k that you held in your hands( lucky guy) might be a bit out of reach lol

It was nice meeting you too. And thanks for the kind words. That Det 33 9.2 is something else. Looks unreal in person. I'm aiming for something around a 4.0 or lower with nice eye appeal. Think it's doable. (thumbs u

Time will tell. Unfortunately for me, at the moment money does exist. Have to get those student loans paid off. :tonofbricks:

Submariner,

It was nice meeting you too. And thanks for the kind words. That Det 33 9.2 is something else. Looks unreal in person. I'm aiming for something around a 4.0 or lower with nice eye appeal. Think it's doable. (thumbs u

Time will tell. Unfortunately for me, at the moment money does exist. Have to get those student loans paid off. :tonofbricks:

thats a good debt to pay off;)

as long as you keep cash flow positive. things move fast once you have lil or no debt+ bigger revenue, assets and investments. im sure you will have all of these and more:)

I know u will have a nice looking one under 4.0 sooner than you think or else you might to have your tattoo laser remove lol jk

Submariner,

thats a good debt to pay off;)

as long as you keep cash flow positive. things move fast once you have lil or no debt+ bigger revenue, assets and investments. im sure you will have all of these and more:)

I know u will have a nice looking one under 4.0 sooner than you think or else you might to have your tattoo laser remove lol jk

Two words: Time. Payments. :shy:

-J.

Hey all

Was looking to make an investment into a good pre robin tec.

There is a tec 29 1.5 on mycomicshop.com

Now I know the whole story behind this book (sparklecity 1.0 and then regarded to a 1.5)

It sold for 9600 back in March 2012 wouldn't 11,500 be a decent price for this?

Thanks all...

Hey all

Was looking to make an investment into a good pre robin tec.

There is a tec 29 1.5 on mycomicshop.com

Now I know the whole story behind this book (sparklecity 1.0 and then regarded to a 1.5)

It sold for 9600 back in March 2012 wouldn't 11,500 be a decent price for this?

Thanks all...

Including the remarks above I have looked at this book many times, and have been very close to pulling the trigger, has great eye appeal, and in 5 years will look like a huge bargin, I say fire away, BB