• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Pre-Robin Tec Club
18 18

5,102 posts in this topic

I'm bored, lets bump this crappy thread once more, for fun

How about a well loved 31?

DETECTIVE_COMICS_31_CGC_CR_OW_FRONT_zps4bf24fcb.jpeg

or a 35, from the same collection, no BC

DETECTIVE_COMICS_35_5_zps556a1341.jpg

:takeit:

My kind of books especially the 35. Man I am starting to think a large part of the pre Robin books are owned by only a select few that hoard them....

James G

My kind of books especially the 35. Man I am starting to think a large part of the pre Robin books are owned by only a select few that hoard them....

James G

When there's only 20-40 unrestored copies of a book known to exist that isn't really that hard to do. (thumbs u

-J.

James G

When there's only 20-40 unrestored copies of a book known to exist that isn't really that hard to do. (thumbs u

-J.

There are hundreds of copies (large portion unrestored) of these books out there. They may not come to market that often bc folks don't want to sell them, but 20-40 is absurdly low. I myself have sold over 30 copies of Tec 31 of which some 18 were unrestored.

James G

-J.

There are hundreds of copies (large portion unrestored) of these books out there. They may not come to market that often bc folks don't want to sell them, but 20-40 is absurdly low. I myself have sold over 30 copies of Tec 31 of which some 18 were unrestored.

That wouldn't surprise me but Rick, how many of those copies do u think may have just been the same copies circulating back to you. And how many copies on the census do u think might be resubs? I just don't think there's many of these books out there, or readily available as you said.

-J.

James G

-J.

That wouldn't surprise me but Rick, how many of those copies do u think may have just been the same copies circulating back to you. And how many copies on the census do u think might be resubs? I just don't think there's many of these books out there, or readily available as you said.

-J.

These were each unique books I sold. True, I did resell many of the same copies too (about a dozen)

As for readily available, they are not. As for existing, they do. I know, literally dozens and dozens of folks that have raw copies and cgc copies. I know folks that own (like i did) multiple restored and unrestored copies. There was a fellow at sdcc a few years ago (2006, I believe) that had 8 copies (all raw, none that I know he ever sold or made available)

It's similar to folks guesstimating that only 75 copies of action 1 exist, or insert whatever overly conservative #.... there are hundreds and hundreds of copies out there!

I know a guy in Oregon who's has a complete run of Detective that he completed in the 80s. None of the books in that run have seen the light of day in a minimum of 30 years -- with some out of circulation since the late 60s and early 70s. I don't think he's atypical. He says that run is the last one he'll sell, but he's starting to liquidate his collection very methodically and slowly with eyes on retirement. I expect he'll sell all his books in the next ten years.