• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Pre-Robin Tec Club
18 18

5,086 posts in this topic

Thanks guys.

All things being equal, I much prefer a book with great eye appeal that has been downgraded for a defect I can't see (in this case, the centerfold is split and detached).

I have read this entire thread over the last week, and it's been fascinating reading everyone's opinions, and watching prices evolve over the last four or five years. In particular, it's amazing to me that 29 and 31 were essentially "equal" at the start of this thread, and now 31 has just blown up. I love both books (and I'd love to own a 31 as well) but to me personally, 29's cover is on a par with 31, and the significance and rarity of 29 trump 31. So...it was an easy choice to start with 29 when there is currently such a large price disparity.

Incidentally, has anyone mentioned the fact that the shutters on the window don't fit the window opening? Thought that was interesting.

And, hey...I'm currently looking for a low grade Tec 27, so, you know, if you have one lying around, or know where I could find one, please PM!!

Thanks!

Thanks guys.

All things being equal, I much prefer a book with great eye appeal that has been downgraded for a defect I can't see (in this case, the centerfold is split and detached).

Did you check the grader notes? Hopefully there is no brittleness at the spine.

Thanks guys.

Did you check the grader notes? Hopefully there is no brittleness at the spine.

Yes, I did check grader notes first - no mention of any brittleness whatsoever.