• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Pre-Robin Tec Club
18 18

5,086 posts in this topic

I wanted the tec 32 but the top staple looks completely rusted. :(

I thought you were going to buy that one Peter and get Kenny to replace the staple.

Yeah but that would make it purple. No ?

Have 0 issues with a purple 32 but not at a 10k price tag.

Tec 36 CGC 4.5 blue sold on CLink last night for $13,750. Previous sale in the same grade was only three months ago @ $12,200. Seller did very well, considering they bought the book raw on eBay only a few months ago. The book presents much better after a press, and possible dry cleaning (?).

And...I thought coverless but complete Tec 27's were roughly $30k...? And yet, a coverless copy / no centerfold / slightly brittle just sold for $27,500. Wow.

I have to admit that I was a little surprised about the Tec 36 price being so high, but then again, nothing surprises me in the Pre-Robin Tec world anymore. As for the Tec 27, possibly the fact that it was incomplete and didn't have the best page quality kept it under 30k. (shrug)

I think that is pretty close to the mark price wise. There just isn't anything available in any type of lower price range. The 6.5 Extensive went for 107+ and I think that is pretty close to the buy in price for any complete copy. I think a nice interior would bring 40K range.. At this point it seems there are 3 or 4 action 1 for every detective 27 we are seeing.

James G

I wanted the tec 32 but the top staple looks completely rusted. :(

I thought you were going to buy that one Peter and get Kenny to replace the staple.

Yeah but that would make it purple. No ?

Have 0 issues with a purple 32 but not at a 10k price tag.

It might make it a conserved purple but not a restored purple. (shrug)

Anyways, I totally get what you are saying, especially for 10k

On the Tec 36 I stopped at $12,750. Would like to have it but would have to sell a comic that I would probably regret to help pay for it.

I never saw it on ebay or I might have made a run on it then.

your sig line is looking good lately Leroy :)

On the Tec 36 I stopped at $12,750. Would like to have it but would have to sell a comic that I would probably regret to help pay for it.

I never saw it on ebay or I might have made a run on it then.

your sig line is looking good lately Leroy :)

Thanks

Your 29 would fit nicely in my signature line. :baiting:

Tec 36 CGC 4.5 blue sold on CLink last night for $13,750. Previous sale in the same grade was only three months ago @ $12,200. Seller did very well, considering they bought the book raw on eBay only a few months ago. The book presents much better after a press, and possible dry cleaning (?).

And...I thought coverless but complete Tec 27's were roughly $30k...? And yet, a coverless copy / no centerfold / slightly brittle just sold for $27,500. Wow.

I have to admit that I was a little surprised about the Tec 36 price being so high, but then again, nothing surprises me in the Pre-Robin Tec world anymore. As for the Tec 27, possibly the fact that it was incomplete and didn't have the best page quality kept it under 30k. (shrug)

I think that is pretty close to the mark price wise. There just isn't anything available in any type of lower price range. The 6.5 Extensive went for 107+ and I think that is pretty close to the buy in price for any complete copy. I think a nice interior would bring 40K range.. At this point it seems there are 3 or 4 action 1 for every detective 27 we are seeing.

James G

In the long run a 3:1 /4:1 ratio marketwise could tip the balance between the big two. A least if one is expecting to see the supply vs. demand equation kick in. Or ... ? did I miss something. Then I will gladly be educated :banana:

The numbers are almost the same for total graded copies. The tec is certainly hard to get in high grade.

Action 35 Blue 1 Green 27 Purple Detective 30 Blue 1 Green 31 Purple.

That being said I know that some of the .5 and 1./1.5 copies of Detective 27 have been restored so it is possible they are listed twice.

I always felt it was pretty well accepted that the Detective 27 was rarer and that action 1 just had an edge with demand.

James G