• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Pre-Robin Tec Club
18 18

5,102 posts in this topic

10K was my top on the 29. The 31 i thought was to high for the grade. The 35 was the best. I really thought the 35 would sell with nothing left on the table. Was wrong. Think a swamp man bought that book?
a Maryland man bought the 35. Not sure if he is on the boards or not

10K was my top on the 29. The 31 i thought was to high for the grade. The 35 was the best. I really thought the 35 would sell with nothing left on the table. Was wrong. Think a swamp man bought that book?

But that book could have issues not seen. It just really worried me. I know some of the pre hero books popped back up rather quickly and I wonder if that is because people didn't like what they got.

I won the 37 with an angry bid, so we will see how it comes I guess.

James G

+1. If it was in my hand i might have gone more. :wishluck:

a Maryland man bought the 35. Not sure if he is on the boards or not

Wow i was wrong 3 times in the last 24 hours, Hate days like this but we all need them to do better. :censored:

But that book could have issues not seen. It just really worried me. I know some of the pre hero books popped back up rather quickly and I wonder if that is because people didn't like what they got.

James G

Angry Bird? hm

James G

Angry Bird? hm

nope erked I lost the 36 so put it a dumb bid at the last sec on the 37 and won it, doesn't really do me that much good considering I have a complete copy (shrug)

James G

Forgot about these auctions 'cause I was at a reception concentrating on the free food.

Looks to me like they all went pretty cheap except for the Tec 38.

That went higher than I'd expect, which I attribute solely to the fact that I sold every copy I had for much less.

Yep the 29 still has some juice left & no question all 3 went on the lower end. However the 35 was by far the deal of the night as its a book that almost never slips by. Had the seller put it up on a BIN he would have gotten the right number at some point 15/20 range IMO. It presents well for the grade and is just such a wicked cool cover. I am always torn between it and #31 they are so different but both are really two of the best BM and Golden age covers of all time IMO but the splash page on 35 is just stunning & represents everything The Batman was before bird boy arrived.

Edited by Frank Mozz

Any complete copy of 31 seems to be $20k+ at this point, so that was a great value. Even better if the glue can be removed and still pull a blue 1.0. Given the potential for paper loss, there is a very good chance it would come back a 0.5. Even so, you'd be hard-pressed to find a 0.5 for less than $15k, so seems like a free roll if the buyer sends it in.

The 29 was a 6.0 MP/EP so likely a 1.0 blue before resto. It closed at 11k. Inline with a ppp of a 1.0 blue.

The 31 went for cheap.

I thought ppp for a TEC 29 was less (9K-10K). Maybe I was looking at sales with poor PQ. Has there been something recent other than the ebay copy that just sold?

Since I am a owner of a tec 29 my opinion might be considered a little biased but I think that the tec 29 is and should be at least if not more valuable then a tec 31.

Few reasons why:

29 copies on the reg vs 44 for the tec 31

2nd cover of batman vs 3rd cover

Both covers are iconic(I think 29 is better and I know lots of others do as well)

If I see incomplete tec 31s go for 25k I would think a complete 29 should go for if not more but at least the same value.

Tec 29 1.0 sold back in March of 2011 for 9800.. We saying it didn't grow for 4 years?

Maybe the book doesn't move enough for it to really get its full value.

just my 2 cents..

Ricky

Edited by RickyBobby