• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Pre-Robin Tec Club
18 18

5,102 posts in this topic

This just came in the mail today

Screenshot_2016-11-07-04-43-57-1_zpsoutbst77.png

boom love that cover. 30 and 32 are both really cool non-bat covers in the run imo.

One of Guardineer's classics! I love the stitching details on the green suit.

Ah, so many books, not enough ______...

I am a big fan of Guardineer's work on all the Pre Robins. 28 is my personal favorite, but I am probably in the minority here.

No, you are not! :gossip:

If you are referring to only the pre-Robin non-Batman Detective covers, then it's also all about issue #28 for me. (thumbs u

Of course, I could subconsciously be channeling the fact that this is the all-important 2nd appearance of the Batman, and possibly the toughest to find out of all of the pre-Robin Detectives. ;)

Edited by lou_fine

This just came in the mail today

Screenshot_2016-11-07-04-43-57-1_zpsoutbst77.png

boom love that cover. 30 and 32 are both really cool non-bat covers in the run imo.

One of Guardineer's classics! I love the stitching details on the green suit.

Ah, so many books, not enough ______...

I am a big fan of Guardineer's work on all the Pre Robins. 28 is my personal favorite, but I am probably in the minority here.

No, you are not! :gossip:

If you are referring to only the pre-Robin non-Batman Detective covers, then it's also all about issue #28 for me. (thumbs u

Of course, I could subconsciously be channeling the fact that this is the all-important 2nd appearance of the Batman, and possibly the toughest to find out of all of the pre-Robin Detectives. ;)

Yes, I was referring to only the Pre Robin non Batman covers (28, 30, 32, 34). I think you are on to something in that I may be influenced by the fact that it is Batman's second appearance and that it is tough to find. I feel so lucky to have a copy.

How's this for a group shot ? (worship)

Here's a few earlier Detective Comics

DetectiveComics2GA.jpg

That was the best thread I've found on these boards to-date. That collection and the story behind them, just amazing.

Got a link? I would love to read that.