• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Pre-Robin Tec Club
18 18

5,102 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, lou_fine said:

When and where was this last sale for the 'Tec 29?  ???

Linky link please, if you have it.  :wishluck:

It was auctioned off in the previous HA auction. Got cancelled on account trim was not on CGC label. Removed from their sales archives.

Edited by Gotham Kid

3 hours ago, Primetime said:
5 hours ago, Gotham Kid said:

Yup, 1.8 went for good price :grin:

And it was good to see it was re-subbed and the "CF trimmed" got put back on the notes...perhaps my post about those notes missing got back to HA....

I was actually referring to the 33. The 29 went for too much imo.

Anyone know if the Tec 33 8.0 Metro had listed (w/ a 150K price tag) has sold ? No longer listed on Metro/CC sites and I forgot to add it to my watched list. doh!

I would say in prima facie that it has sold.

Edited by Gotham Kid

1 hour ago, Gotham Kid said:

Anyone know if the Tec 33 8.0 Metro had listed (w/ a 150K price tag) has sold ? No longer listed on Metro/CC sites and I forgot to add it to my watched list. doh!

I would say in prima facie that it has sold.

The sale isn't on GPA yet.  

Maybe someone who is more familiar with Vince than I am can give him a call or email and ask. :wishluck:

-J.

Edited by Jaydogrules

3 hours ago, Jaydogrules said:

The sale isn't on GPA yet.  

Maybe someone who is more familiar with Vince than I am can give him a call or email and ask. :wishluck:

-J.

Saw that book to at CC. It was a gorgeous looking 8.0 copy. Has tremendous eye appeal and looks higher graded if you ask me.  Maybe it's gonna be listed in their next even auction?  Inquiring minds wanna know too.

1 hour ago, Bmoretoys said:

I won the Tec 29 last time when the trim wasnt disclosed. HA customer service was a bit interesting. 

Are you planning to go after one of the other 2 unrestored 'Tec 29's that will be coming up in the CL and CC auctions then?  hm

1 hour ago, lou_fine said:

Are you planning to go after one of the other 2 unrestored 'Tec 29's that will be coming up in the CL and CC auctions then?  hm

40 minutes ago, Bmoretoys said:

I'm a bit concerned about the page quality. Still debating... 

Well, that would definitely exclude the 1.8 copy on the CL auction site then.  :p

Then the much nicer looking CGC 3.0 graded copy on the CC auction site should be right up your alley then.  If not the 'Tec 29, then both the Detective 1 and the 'Tec 38 on CC also looks really nice with decent PQ, relative to their assigned grades.  I guess it would really depend on whether those books are in your wheelhouse or not.  hm  :cloud9:

On 19/9/2016 at 9:57 AM, Primetime said:

The plod 1.8 Tec 29 was one of my former copies. Here's a bad scan of it seven years ago when it was a 1.5 slight back then and had a trimmed CF. Not sure how the CF is now "untrimmed" as a 1.8 plod. (shrug)

B4596FBF-508E-4C6F-92F3-2B1B46614CF0_zpslzqsrxr8.jpg

22 hours ago, quicksilver said:

It's still showing on GPA as Nov 16 for $22108.

I don't see anywhere on GPA where a Tec 29 restored 1.5 (at the time) has sold but on page 108 of this thread it was mentioned the Tec 1.5 sold for $22.5K last Nov. Since then the comic was resubbed and now is 1.8 with trimmed CF and just sold for $20,315. I thought it would top out at $15 K so for me the $20,315 was a surprise.

As Peter mentioned the sale of the Nov 2016 1.5 Tec 29 has been removed from HA archives.

Maybe a interior page trim isn't the death of a comic like it used to be. I've started accepting tape on some comics where as back a few years ago I wouldn't.

9 hours ago, quicksilver said:

How did you find out about the trim, and did Heritage fully reimburse you ?

I was notified by a few concerned friends from the boards before I paid for the book. I contacted 3 execs at HA asking about checking the book and it was crickets. Eventually Paul Litch helped me out and got in touch with HA and my invoice was finally canceled. I got the feeling that HA just didnt want to deal with me. I was hoping to snag it for 17k this time around but as you can see that wasnt in the cards. The realized price feels a bit strong to me but what do I know? :) 

6 hours ago, lhcomics said:

I don't see anywhere on GPA where a Tec 29 restored 1.5 (at the time) has sold but on page 108 of this thread it was mentioned the Tec 1.5 sold for $22.5K last Nov. Since then the comic was resubbed and now is 1.8 with trimmed CF and just sold for $20,315. I thought it would top out at $15 K so for me the $20,315 was a surprise.

As Peter mentioned the sale of the Nov 2016 1.5 Tec 29 has been removed from HA archives.

Maybe a interior page trim isn't the death of a comic like it used to be. I've started accepting tape on some comics where as back a few years ago I wouldn't.

When it went to auction the first time on HA, it was already a 1.8 ( but no trim ). Second time, still a 1.8 but with trim.

1 hour ago, RareHighGrade said:

Does the Tec 29 being auctioned on CC have a spine split?  It looks way too nice to be a 3.0, even if it does have tape on the interior cover.

It's quite possible that there might be a bit of a spine split there, but who really knows unless you purchase the Grader's Notes.  (shrug)

It's also possible that it might be nothing more than just extreme tight grading as there have been a lot of nice GA books graded during this summer of 2016 time period that simply presents absolutely much better than their assigned grade.  Take a look at the nice 'Tec 38 in the same auction which was graded on July 14th of 2016 and that book also appears to be undergraded relative to its assigned CGC grade of only 3.0.  The serial number for the 'Tec 29 indicates a grade date of August 25, 2016.  hm

These are the 2 pre-Robin Detective books that stand out for me in this latest CC auction.  :cloud9:

Ok, my bad as Detective 38 is technically not a pre-Robin book. doh!  Nevertheless, it is still a GA super key that has been relatively underappreciated in the past and just seems to be coming into its own now, and a book that would seem to have a lot of upside potential to it.

Edited by lou_fine