• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Pre-Robin Tec Club
18 18

5,102 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, lhcomics said:
2 hours ago, lou_fine said:

What page were these picture on as I am too lazy to search through all 182 pages? 

Page 2 July 2010.

Only Page 2 hmmm........I guess that wouldn't have taken that long then.  :facepalm:

Edited by lou_fine

I remember buying andres tec run the first go around. Fun times when I actively bought and sold pre robin tecs. Only brian made the mistake not selling to me (cost him a little bit iirc) back then. Everyone else (like George and Mark etc) I always bought! These days, not so much :(

13 hours ago, blazingbob said:

Bob Storms bought those Detective books,  they weren't "listed".  Keep going Peter,  I'm waiting for some more "history"

What does Cal think of this post? :)

43 minutes ago, blazingbob said:

I thought you might have been thinking about him but not sure what he has to do with this thread.

Guess I'm missing all of this Gold forum humor.  

He always refers to himself in the third person and you referred to yourself in the third person in the post I quoted.

But, yeah, the joke was pretty lame. :sorry:

1 hour ago, Sqeggs said:

He always refers to himself in the third person and you referred to yourself in the third person in the post I quoted.

I got the reference and actually had a chuckle 

10 hours ago, G.A.tor said:

I remember buying andres tec run the first go around. Fun times when I actively bought and sold pre robin tecs. Only brian made the mistake not selling to me (cost him a little bit iirc) back then. Everyone else (like George and Mark etc) I always bought! These days, not so much :(

Yeah I remember.. My bad Rick doh!

17 hours ago, batman_fan said:
18 hours ago, Sqeggs said:

I got the reference and actually had a chuckle 

:foryou:

Is the well starting to dry up in terms of the supply of pre-Robin 'Tec's, as this is going to be the second straight CC Event Auction with a rather limited number of these books in half decent shape?

Especially since they didn't seem to have much problem reloading their pre-Robin gun during the past couple of years.  hm

Edited by lou_fine

Looks like the only 2 half decent unrestored pre-Robin's that CC has on this go round are the 'Tec 30 and the 'Tec 35. 

Wonder if this is going to result in higher prices since it might be a case of dollars chasing after fewer books, which may have been one of the factors behind the high prices last week as they had only 3 copies in the last CC auction.  Especially if you compare it to their auction in December where there were 14 copies to go around and the prices were definitely more muted in comparison to the results last week.  Of course, Christmas season is traditionally not necessarily the best time to be looking for record prices. 

Of course, both of the 'Tec 29 and 'Tec 38 present much better than their assign 3.0 grades from a visual point of view.  Not so much in the case of the 'Tec 30 and 'Tec 35 in this upcoming auction.  hm

I guess the marketplace is rewarding books for superior visual appearance now, much more so than before.  (thumbsu

13 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

Of course, both of the 'Tec 29 and 'Tec 38 present much better than their assign 3.0 grades from a visual point of view.  Not so much in the case of the 'Tec 30 and 'Tec 35 in this upcoming auction. 

Agree on 30, think the 35 is deserving grade. BTW, 35 was graded in DEC 2016

6 minutes ago, Gotham Kid said:
19 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

Of course, both of the 'Tec 29 and 'Tec 38 present much better than their assign 3.0 grades from a visual point of view.  Not so much in the case of the 'Tec 30 and 'Tec 35 in this upcoming auction. 

Agree on 30, think the 35 is deserving grade. BTW, 35 was graded in DEC 2016

+1

Just that they both don't appear to be "undergraded" from an exterior cover visual appearance point of view at least , which was clearly the case with both the 'Tec 29 and 'Tec 38.

Edited by lou_fine