• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Pre-Robin Tec Club
18 18

5,102 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, Johnny545 said:

How about Ghostly Weird 122 - way too many x guide.

A copy of this book shows up every month on eBay (literally) - there is nothing remotely rare about the book.  At the time of the auction there were multiple comparable copies on eBay for a fraction of the price.  Was a very strange sale...

I don't see any.  Did they all sell following the auction?

12 hours ago, Jaydogrules said:

Probably one of  (if not the most) important pages ever printed in a Batman comic, but I was still surprised to see what's basically a portion of a page go for this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/RARE-GOLDEN-AGE-DETECTIVE-COMICS-33-SPLASH-PAGE-BATMAN-/252964205753?hash=item3ae5d774b9%3Ag%3AMUEAAOSwH09ZLITI&nma=true&si=iFZRySQ5y%2FIXXG0HfR%2Fz791DLhQ%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

-J.

Anyone have any idea what Tec 27 pages have gone for (single or wraps)  I think Filter had a few restored (trimmed) single pages for sale a while back .........

8 hours ago, Sqeggs said:

Buy on the release announcement, sell on the release? hm

I think this is def true for the more common books.  But maybe not so much for these rarer Golden Age key superheroes, i.e. Batman and Supes.  

God knows these pre-Robin Tecs haven't dropped in price since the release of BvS...  at any point in time. 

18 minutes ago, BoomCity said:

So my clink win came in! To be honest, from what I can see (I know it's not the whole book), little surprised by the page quality but I know the designationsr aren't always bang on  

+1; pages look better than the given designation (and for being in a slab, we get a pretty good look!).

23 minutes ago, BoomCity said:

So my clink win came in! To be honest, from what I can see (I know it's not the whole book), little surprised by the page quality but I know the designationsr aren't always bang on  

IMG_3141.PNG

IMG_3225.JPG

IMG_3229.JPG

Great win!

10 minutes ago, lhcomics said:

Very nice Tec 33 for .5.  (worship)

As for PQ not sure on that either. Looks CR/OW to me. I've received more light tan/off-white PQ GA books in last year than my last 15 years combined. 

My thoughts as well, looked CR/OW to me. I've submitted a book before with similar pq and it came back OW pages lol. I figured the last page would be the worst of it since presumably it'd be the most exposed.

Edited by BoomCity

1 hour ago, Dark Knight said:

Seems to me that CGC has been a bit stricter on PQ lately.  I submitted a couple books to them for grading and thought the PQ was better than what is placed on the label.

I have felt 50/50 on that too. Although, I think they have been looser on grading but tighter on PQ in some cases.