• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Pre-Robin Tec Club
18 18

5,102 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, Gotham Kid said:

ComicConnect last night

27 coverless $22,051 Wow! Wasn't this missing the Batman pages?

31 1.0 $44,000 I wish mine was a 1.0 instead of .5!

37 3.5 $17,500  :whatthe:  I thought $12-14K max. 

38 5.0 Ext $9,700

10 hours ago, Gotham Kid said:

ComicLink last night

29 6.5 EP $22,055

35 4.5 EP $10,250

36 6.0 $44,000 :whatthe: Some 2 people really wanted this. From investment standpoint probably not the best comic to pay that much for but for the collector who just had to have it and dang the investment potential I say congrats! This will be locked away for a long time I would think. But what do I know maybe Hugo Strange is the factor this did so well.

And I'll add the non CGC graded

29 3.0 with slightly brittle pages at $20,000. I've had a few CGC slightly brittle and brittle books that I submitted and I never recall a slightly brittle looking like the bottom left corner of this comic. 

12 hours ago, lou_fine said:

Well, it indeed looks like you was pretty spot on with your prediction since the book sold for $44K on this go round here.  (thumbsu

Hope you don't have to send CC 44 big ones though just to prove that you was right in the end with your prediction.  lol

I was actually rather shocked, but pleasantly surprised that it was able to hit this same aggressive number again.  Especially since after the $43,505 sale in June of 2016, another CGC 1.0 graded copy managed to fetch only $26K in CC's August/September auction and then this was followed by a CGC 2.0 graded copy with Brittle pages in December that managed to hit only $17,200.  So, maybe we've just gone full circle back to late 2015 and early 2016 when a CGC 0.5 graded copy was able to go for $21.5K in one of CC's auction back in September of 2015.  :whatthe:

So, $44K is definitely a pretty big number here for a CGC 1.0 graded copy, although I assume the consignor would still be out a few thousand dollars after paying for the auction fees.  hm

Haha I didn't even place a single bid on the book. I did placed bids in the Tec 37 but was out even before the extended bidding.  

I guess those 2 other Tec 31 copies that sold for "cheap" sold at a great time to buy. I truly didn't believe that those prices/outliers would hold at all.  Only exception is the previously graded cgc 2.0 brittle now a voldy 3.0. I didnt believe that the value of that copy would change, but stay at around the same price it sold for.

Edited by Dark Knight

13 minutes ago, Tbone911t said:
6 hours ago, Mr bla bla said:

On a side note: anybody noticed what the two CC restored Bat1's went for last night?

did they wreak havoc ...?

The 7.5 went for $35,500

And the 4.0 restored graded by the other company went for $20,500.

Looks like both of these restored copies sold for only a small fraction of their condition guide price.  Most probably due to the fact that they were both flagged with Extensive Restoration.

And yet the fugly looking 0.5 Trimmed copy also graded by the other company was still able to hit $16,000.  hm

1 minute ago, lou_fine said:

And the 4.0 restored graded by the other company went for $20,500.

Looks like both of these restored copies sold for only a small fraction of their condition guide price.  Most probably due to the fact that they were both flagged with Extensive Restoration.

And yet the fugly looking 0.5 Trimmed copy also graded by the other company was still able to hit $16,000.  hm

The 16K .5 makes the 7.5 ext look like a steal ...

On 7/26/2017 at 1:09 PM, Gotham Kid said:
On 7/26/2017 at 1:07 PM, fishbone said:

Now the other 1.8 brittle I sold at the same time - the Tec 31 - could never understand how it got the same "brittle" pages designation, but in hand was quite supple, just some minor problems at edges is all.

This one

http://www.comiclink.com/Auctions/item.asp?back=%2FComicTrack%2FAuctions%2Fbids.asp&id=1163818

Late to this discussion, but to my mind the change in pq from Brittle to Slightly Brittle may be a bigger deal than the increase in the numerical grade.  As a buyer, I think there is a world of difference between the desirability of those two pq designations.

5 hours ago, Gotham Kid said:

Leroy the 29 3.0 cbcs copy was discussed a few pages back. Much lower CGC grade and full brittle before the other guys graded it. 

OK I missed that discussion so not a big surprise then. I can agree with the 3.0 grade as it did look the part but that bottom left corner was brittle. :eek:

7 hours ago, Chicago Boy said:

With 36's inching their way up 37 & 38 would be next in line  Personally, I think 38 deserves AS 8 status price wise........I think it is the big undervalued GA book left.........

Maybe it's already up there as a CGC 3.0 graded copy of 'Tec 38 managed to fetch something like $54,010 in CC's auction back in March of this year:

http://www.comicconnect.com/bookDetail.php?id=676931

Any idea how much a CGC 3.0 copy of AS 8 would go for in today's marketplace?  hm

32 minutes ago, Larryw7 said:

Tec 31 1.0 went for 44,000? So much for buying a low grade copy. :tonofbricks:

Still, it looks like the consignor of this book would have lost a few thousand dollars (after auction fees) on this particular copy as this exact same copy had gone for $43,505 back in June of last year:  :whatthe:

http://www.comicconnect.com/bookDetail.php?referral=EAlist&id=666486&title=DETECTIVECOMICS

1 hour ago, batman_fan said:
1 hour ago, Gotham Kid said:

Heritage has a 38 4.0 coming up. Not the nicest looking 4.0 though.

Agreed, not a nice looking copy

Does seem like a lot of spine damage for a 4.0. 

On 9/13/2017 at 9:27 AM, lhcomics said:

And I'll add the non CGC graded

29 3.0 with slightly brittle pages at $20,000. I've had a few CGC slightly brittle and brittle books that I submitted and I never recall a slightly brittle looking like the bottom left corner of this comic. 

36 is probably a bit undervalued considering it's the first Batman arch-villain (1st recurring villain), second recurring villain all-told following Superman's "ultra humanite".    So it's been an under-appreciated milestone, at least until now

44 minutes ago, bluechip said:

36 is probably a bit undervalued considering it's the first Batman arch-villain (1st recurring villain), second recurring villain all-told following Superman's "ultra humanite".    So it's been an under-appreciated milestone, at least until now

I think lex Luther predates Hugo strange 

Edited by BoomCity

5 hours ago, lou_fine said:

No, as Lex's first appearance was in Action 23 with a cover date of April 1940, while Hugo Strange appeared in 'Tec 36 with a cover date of February 1940.  :gossip:

Well folks. That's what happens when you go off memory and don't look things up to confirm! 

IMG_3455.JPG