• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Pre-Robin Tec Club
18 18

5,102 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, rcouto said:

Hers my one and only tec book but what a book it is :x

IMG_20170420_203947_222.jpg

+1

You can certainly say that when you have such a nice copy of this classic cover book.  :cloud9:

Any type of restoration work on your copy here since it just looks so beautiful in all its colorful glory.  (thumbsu

On March 4, 2017 at 10:56 AM, Gotham Kid said:

This 31 didn't last that long on eBay

http://www.ebay.com/itm/252797107941?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Not a bad looking 1.0

Seller though is supposedly a doosh from what I've read ( hope I'm not mixing up the eBay name )

I've bought from that seller before  and it turned out ok.  Sale recorded in gpa

6 hours ago, lou_fine said:

+1

You can certainly say that when you have such a nice copy of this classic cover book.  :cloud9:

Any type of restoration work on your copy here since it just looks so beautiful in all its colorful glory.  (thumbsu

Thank you! And yes it has professional moderate restoration done. 

14 hours ago, rcouto said:
20 hours ago, lou_fine said:

+1

Thank you! And yes it has professional moderate restoration done. 

My prediction is that as the price for unrestored copies of these HTF in-demand GA books goes past the budgets of most collectors, even the non-extensive restored copies will end up experiencing significant demand and increased prices in the marketplace.

Similar to how low grade copies of these books were not highly priced a few years ago, but are now highly sought after and highly priced as entry level copies in today's marketplace.  hm

3 hours ago, lou_fine said:

My prediction is that as the price for unrestored copies of these HTF in-demand GA books goes past the budgets of most collectors, even the non-extensive restored copies will end up experiencing significant demand and increased prices in the marketplace.

Similar to how low grade copies of these books were not highly priced a few years ago, but are now highly sought after and highly priced as entry level copies in today's marketplace.  hm

What's a rough estimation for an unrestored entry level tec 29,31, 33, 35.  Gpa data pretty limited

Edited by Spiderturtle

On 4/21/2017 at 11:12 PM, Spiderturtle said:

What's a rough estimation for an unrestored entry level tec 29,31, 33, 35.  Gpa data pretty limited

I'm a little more conservative than J

For 1.0 it really depends on visual and pq (we've seen slightly and brittle copies really underperform compared to nicer pq)

29-18-22k

31-25-30+

33-15k+

35-12-15k

2 hours ago, G.A.tor said:

For 1.0 it really depends on visual and pq (we've seen slightly and brittle copies really underperform compared to nicer pq)

29-18-22k

31-25-30+

33-15k+

35-12-15k

I will definitely defer to Gator on this. (thumbsu

-J.

Keep in mind with books like these with the seemingly insatiable market demand, outliers (in both directions) are common

Edited by G.A.tor

19 hours ago, G.A.tor said:
On 4/21/2017 at 9:12 PM, Spiderturtle said:

29-18-22k

31-25-30+

33-15k+

35-12-15k

Wow, that's a huge move up the chart for 'Tec 29 as you have it almost nipping at the heels of 'Tec 31.  :whatthe:

Personally, I've always felt that the more detailed cover 'Tec 29 was under appreciated relative to the more classic poster like image for 'Tec 31.

In order to finish this little pre-Robin survey here, what would your price per point estimates be for Detectives 36, 37, and 38?  hm

On 4/24/2017 at 5:34 PM, lou_fine said:

Wow, that's a huge move up the chart for 'Tec 29 as you have it almost nipping at the heels of 'Tec 31.  :whatthe:

Personally, I've always felt that the more detailed cover 'Tec 29 was under appreciated relative to the more classic poster like image for 'Tec 31.

In order to finish this little pre-Robin survey here, what would your price per point estimates be for Detectives 36, 37, and 38?  hm

Yes the 29 has jumped up a lot.  It is a lot rarer 58 vs 87 and I think people realized it was undervalued compared to the other issues.  There have been a lot more 31's selling so we have seen the increase in price, once the 29's came out and started selling we saw the same jump.  I know there are two restored copies that need to be removed from the census so really there are only 56.  Who know how many have been cracked for the other holder as well so the population is off I am sure.

James G

Any guesses as to where this CGC 3.5 copy of 'Tec 35 is going to end up at in the CC auction:  hm

http://www.comicconnect.com/bookDetail.php?id=700356

Just wondering since this appears to be the only nice looking pre-Robin 'Tec book in the entire auction, besides the much less in demand 'Tec 30 with no Bats on the cover.

This copy here seems to be pretty well stuck at $30K for the past couple of weeks.  Doesn't really mean anything though since the last 2 nice looking pre-Robin 'Tec's pretty much doubled in price in the last day of the auction. 

1 hour ago, jgallo said:

I know there are two restored copies that need to be removed from the census so really there are only 56.  Who know how many have been cracked for the other holder as well so the population is off I am sure.

If you have evidence to back your claim, PM Gemma and the census will be updated.

Edited by Gotham Kid