• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Pre-Robin Tec Club
18 18

5,102 posts in this topic

Well there ya go. Tec 29 in 1.5 just sold for $30,029. $20k a point. Now we're talking.

No. It is not a 20K/ point book. The 31 sold for 43K, is that it's new ppp? No to that also.

+1 A lot more people in the shallow end of the pool than in the deep end.

Also I'm sure we'll see the C-1 Tec 37 in a blue holder soon at auction so that price not a big surprise.

I totally agree that a blue holder is the future for that Tec 37.

Edited by kinzebac

I'm done! :whee::banana:

vy9j04.jpg

Now just need to upgrade my 34.

Wow!!!! Ankur throws the hammer down with a Tec27!!! everyone else bows to their knees!! (worship)

(worship) OK.

Resto aside, that looks really great for a 7.5.

I'm done! :whee::banana:

vy9j04.jpg

Now just need to upgrade my 34.

That is a milestone book in any shape and even though it belongs in this thread I would create a new thread on that comic.

Well done sir! (worship)

It feels good here :)

Well there ya go. Tec 29 in 1.5 just sold for $30,029. $20k a point. Now we're talking.

No. It is not a 20K/ point book. The 31 sold for 43K, is that it's new ppp? No to that also.

+1 A lot more people in the shallow end of the pool than in the deep end.

Also I'm sure we'll see the C-1 Tec 37 in a blue holder soon at auction so that price not a big surprise.

Hoping people will indulge me as I have some questions and if anyone knows it's this group. Since at least 2 people were willing to pay $20k/pt for that 1.5, what do you mean it's not a $20k/pt book? Is the feeling that it's not worth that much at all and this was a one time event? Or is it worth something close to that only in low grades? Just wondering - I've made no secret that I felt the 29 has been long undervalued. Any opinions appreciated.

PPP for a 1.0 (or a 1.5) is NOT the same as PPP for a mid-grade copy. There is more competition at the low end, as there are more buyers looking for any respectable complete copy - and so PPP is HIGHER for a 1.0 or a 1.5 than it would be for the same book in 2.5 or 3.5, etc.

Pricing from one grade to the next is not a straight line.

Edited by jjeanius

PPP for a 1.0 (or a 1.5) is NOT the same as PPP for a mid-grade copy. There is more competition at the low end, as there are more buyers looking for any respectable complete copy - and so PPP is HIGHER for a 1.0 or a 1.5 than it would be for the same book in 2.5 or 3.5, etc.

Pricing from one grade to the next is not a straight line.

Absolutely - makes total sense. So I guess I'm asking if people think last night was an outlier or if the lower grade PPP is moving up?

Here is my run! Can't do a group pic as the books are in three different banks lol

This has been in the works since 1998 when I bought my first copy of Detective 38!

Don't have a picture of the 34.

27:

vy9j04.jpg

28: Book has been restored by CCS, I don't have an updated image. Probably a 7.0 EP.

r09mpd.jpg

29: Raw 1.5/1.8. Spine cleanly split

ienur6.jpg

30: CGC 5.5 Universal

34gtw5e.jpg

31: Raw 1.8/2.0. Bad picture

2gt7os4.jpg

32: CGC 1.8 Universal

2hnqoef.jpg

33: Restored by Trace Heft. Probably a 7.0 EP.

j5v9d5.jpg

34: No image. Raw apparent 2.0 with amateur color touch on cover

35: Restored by CCS. Probably a 8.0 EP.

adfgxs.jpg

36: CGC 7.5 Moderate resto

34jam14.jpg

37: Restored by Matt Nelson around 2000. Probably a 7.0 Mod Resto

2aeyzw1.jpg

38: Raw 1.5/1.8 (no spine)

200bpti.jpg

Wow that is an awesome run of Tecs. I hope one day I will have a collection like that!

Impressive. A complete pre-robin bat tec run. Very rarely seen these days.

must've run you a truckload of green. Well done!

Wow that is an awesome run of Tecs. I hope one day I will have a collection like that!

For some of them, yes. But a good percentage were purchased in the late 90s/early 2000's.

Impressive run. I know each time I get a comic in my run it's like Christmas all week.

Now that the set is complete would you work on upgrades or move onto another comic series?

I'm a buyer on your 29 should you upgrade that! (thumbs u

For some of them, yes. But a good percentage were purchased in the late 90s/early 2000's.

See AnkurJ, I told you that you should post a group shot. (thumbs u