• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Pre-Robin Tec Club
18 18

5,102 posts in this topic

Wonder how hot and heavy the bidding will be for the Larson copy of Detective 37 coming up this summer on CLINK.

Guessing it'll give the HA 7.5 a run for its money on hammer price.

Wonder how hot and heavy the bidding will be for the Larson copy of Detective 37 coming up this summer on CLINK.

I figured I will give a shot at running up the price on the Larson copy.

Shame about that obtrusive corner piece missing, I haven't seen that particular defect very much on Larsons.

I won't be bidding, so good luck!

Well there ya go. Tec 29 in 1.5 just sold for $30,029. $20k a point. Now we're talking.

Times sure do change fast in the Pre Robin Tec world. Just a year ago you could have snagged a 1.0 for 11k.

http://www.comicconnect.com/bookDetail.php?id=607285

Yup.. That was mine.. Auctioned it right when Heritage ended a big auction. If I recall correctly .. Comic connect didn't even sent out a catalog doh!

Shame about that obtrusive corner piece missing, I haven't seen that particular defect very much on Larsons.

Crud. I didn't knowtise that before. One of my biggest pet peeves are missing pieces

Crud. I didn't knowtise that before. One of my biggest pet peeves are missing pieces

I don't know. On this one the missing piece kind of blends with the yellow of the boards. It does take out a bit of Kane's signature, though. hm

That was me advertising a WTB for front covers. I was unsure what front covers to these books are worth. I based the TEC 36 and 37 front cover prices on the copy of 36 that sold the other day for $2,600 on eBay. I based the price of the TEC 28 and 29 prices on a Batman 1 cover I purchased at a CC signature auction just over a year ago for $3,000. Obviously prices go up rapidly in today's market so I am happy to hear what you think fair prices are.

No offense intended I honestly am not sure either I was hoping those more knowledgeable would chime in. I posted it here because I didn't want to threadkrap your request. lol It's just my gut telling me there probably won't be much PM response at those offered prices. Especially for the 29 and 33.

-J.

No offense taken, ye I am on a touch and go base with these covers. A friend of mine picked up a front cover for a 33 on eBay a year ago for $1,400 but I also saw a full cover (front and back) sell for $5,000 around the same time. Maybe I should raise what I am willing to pay but I am just too uncertain about prices. I agree that I will be struggling to find a PM for those two issues in today's market. If you like could you PM me your opinion on what fair prices for these front covers would be?