• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Pre-Robin Tec Club
18 18

5,102 posts in this topic

Anyone have a Tec 27 front and back cover they wanna sell?

lol now thats a Boner

You bet! (thumbs u If anyone can hook it up with the covers, I'll be sure to show everyone what having the biggest boner is all about!!! :banana::banana::banana:

Brings up an interesting question, though - what would a complete Tec 27 front/back cover be worth...?

Assuming decent/average condition, I would think it'd be worth about the same as an average restored copy? Maybe 125k - 150k...?

Would love to hear other opinions on this.

I got my first one!

Expensive, but awesome.

27243782956_32f3bbcb92_b.jpg

Would this book still be a PLOD if there was no color touch on the cover, BUT if it did have the 4 pieces of tape on the interior of the cover? Or would it be a GLOD? (shrug)

I got my first one!

Expensive, but awesome.

27243782956_32f3bbcb92_b.jpg

Would this book still be a PLOD if there was no color touch on the cover, BUT if it did have the 4 pieces of tape on the interior of the cover? Or would it be a GLOD? (shrug)

no color touch + scotch tape = Blue label

archival tape = PLOD

I think this is how they are still assigning these, but it's all to CGC's discretion.

Brings up an interesting question, though - what would a complete Tec 27 front/back cover be worth...?

Assuming decent/average condition, I would think it'd be worth about the same as an average restored copy? Maybe 125k - 150k...?

Would love to hear other opinions on this.

To Dark Knight (or anyone who has a complete interior Tec 27), probably anywhere north of $100k. If it's just the FC, maybe $50k? I know someone who just needs the FC to complete their 27. Sky's the limit if the part is going to complete a copy.

Tec 29 3.5 @ 60K just listed on CL

Is it just me or does that seem like an overly aggressive price on the 'Tec 29? (shrug)

That appears to be more in the price range of a 'Tec 31 if we are using Gator's Price Per Point (PPP) measuring gauge. Have always felt this cover has been relatively underappreciated as compared to the 'Tec 31 cover, but it would still be interesting to see what this book would go for. hm

Is it just me or does that seem like an overly aggressive price on the 'Tec 29? (shrug)

That appears to be more in the price range of a 'Tec 31 if we are using Gator's Price Per Point (PPP) measuring gauge. Have always felt this cover has been relatively underappreciated as compared to the 'Tec 31 cover, but it would still be interesting to see what this book would go for. hm

it's priced at $17k pp and no doubt influenced by the $30k sale of the 1.5 copy that recently sold on CC. Tec 31s are way over $20k+ pp these days.

it's priced at $17k pp and no doubt influenced by the $30k sale of the 1.5 copy that recently sold on CC. Tec 31s are way over $20k+ pp these days.

Definitely influenced by the 1.5 30k sale on CC recently.

Wow, it would appear that these pre-Robin 'Tec books are still smoking red hot, even after some aggressive price increases over the past few years.

Any idea what the PPP would be for a 'Tec 38 nowadays since it seems this book is starting to catch a little bit of heat recently, after being in the collector's doghouse for a real long time? hm

Pretty 3.5. Would look nice in my sig line.

It would look nice in anyone's sig :grin:

It's calling out to you Peter.

Nah, another boardie's copy calls out louder.