• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Pre-Robin Tec Club
18 18

5,102 posts in this topic

Tec 29 3.5 @ 60K just listed on CL

Pretty 3.5. Would look nice in my sig line.

It would look nice in anyone's sig :grin:

It's calling out to you Peter.

Nah, another boardie's copy calls out louder.

Picky. :baiting:

Is it just me or does that seem like an overly aggressive price on the 'Tec 29? (shrug)

That appears to be more in the price range of a 'Tec 31 if we are using Gator's Price Per Point (PPP) measuring gauge. Have always felt this cover has been relatively underappreciated as compared to the 'Tec 31 cover, but it would still be interesting to see what this book would go for. hm

Although I've always loved Tec 31, I prefer the cover of 29.

Is it just me or does that seem like an overly aggressive price on the 'Tec 29? (shrug)

That appears to be more in the price range of a 'Tec 31 if we are using Gator's Price Per Point (PPP) measuring gauge. Have always felt this cover has been relatively underappreciated as compared to the 'Tec 31 cover, but it would still be interesting to see what this book would go for. hm

please share your experiences with that preference Peter :) As far as cover content, the chemistry glassware (similar on the 18) and the full wings span certainly score points for the 29 for me.

please share your experiences with that preference Peter :)

I like the chemistry equipment on the 29 (like on the 18)

Dark, brooding atmosphere - check

Bats silhouetted on full moon - check

Castle - check

Mad scientist - check

Knife-wielding assailant - check

Skull in background - check

Batman making dramatic entrance on his Bat-rope - check

Batman's visage looking dark and menacing - check

All that's missing is a girl in bondage, which DC rarely if ever authorized.

Castle - check

Mad scientist - check

all great points of emphasis. The 29 is less commonly seen as well. Both the 29 and 31 are cornerstone books in the pre Robin run.

Castle - check

Mad scientist - check

all great points of emphasis. The 29 is less commonly seen as well. Both the 29 and 31 are cornerstone books in the pre Robin run.

+1

I would definitely agree with your above statement on these 2 books and their iconic covers. (thumbs u

From my point of view, both covers are different from an artistic point of view. While the 'Tec 31 is certainly a more noted cover, to me its overall composition, layout, and the foreboding Batman figure gives this cover a much more classic poster like feel.

The 'Tec 29 cover, on the other hand, is much more well done when it comes to the details, although it is definitely not as well detailed as the Flessel cover for Detective 18 which, from my point of view, is a real killer when it comes to the minute details. :cloud9:

I've been on record that I prefer 29 over 31 as well

Is 'Tec 31 still miles ahead of 'Tec 29 from a price point point basis, or is 'Tec 29 slowly starting to catch up yet? hm

from a FMv standpoint still the younger brother but getting older (and bigger)

it's priced at $17k pp and no doubt influenced by the $30k sale of the 1.5 copy that recently sold on CC. Tec 31s are way over $20k+ pp these days.

The last Tec31 @ 1.0 sold for $43505 on CC so well over $40k pp!

BTW...i have a Tec31 @ 1.0 which I'm more than likely going to sell

Edited by BM Cruz

it's priced at $17k pp and no doubt influenced by the $30k sale of the 1.5 copy that recently sold on CC. Tec 31s are way over $20k+ pp these days.

that is ONE sale though and can't be justified as FMV and an absolute pp for low grade copies. Same goes for the 1.5 Tec 29 that went for $30k.

Tec 31 is not yet 40k a point. Entry level books perform at different pace

All about that eye appeal and pq of course. Not All 1.0s are created equal. I should know I have a whole slew of em' :D

All about that eye appeal and pq of course. Not All 1.0s are created equal. I should know I have a whole slew of em' :D

yup. And the 1.0 CC Tec 31 didn't have outstanding eye appeal but wasn't an eye sore either. It had a clutter of date stamps and a full store stamp that was somewhat hidden. I don't think anyone expected the final auction price to hit more than $30k-$35k as a stretch.

that is ONE sale though and can't be justified as FMV and an absolute pp for low grade copies. Same goes for the 1.5 Tec 29 that went for $30k.

^^

(thumbs u

Well there ya go. Tec 29 in 1.5 just sold for $30,029. $20k a point. Now we're talking.

No. It is not a 20K/ point book. The 31 sold for 43K, is that it's new ppp? No to that also.

I've been on record that I prefer 29 over 31 as well

Is 'Tec 31 still miles ahead of 'Tec 29 from a price point point basis, or is 'Tec 29 slowly starting to catch up yet? hm

from a FMv standpoint still the younger brother but getting older (and bigger)

That's certainly an unique and different way of looking at it. (thumbs u

And as we should also remember, sometimes the student becomes the master. hm

+1

I would most definitely chalk up both of these sales as positive outliers for now, especially the 'Tec 31, until we can see some follow-up auction results that confirms prices to be consolidating at these levels. (thumbs u