• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Pre-Robin Tec Club
18 18

5,102 posts in this topic

Now that I officially have the new one in hand I can post the current iteration of my prerobin collection. gotta get them in a photo together one of these days. call them my lovely beverlys. frickin :cloud9:

Tec%2030_zpsvbllua57.jpg

Tec%2036_zpsp6xbk6y6.jpg

Not sure I get the beverlys reference, but I do get how awesome those books of yours are! :)

Oh, wait, now I see the Beverly. Nice. So it wasn't just boys and immature men who read Detective Comics... BTW how many books make a pedigree?

Now that I officially have the new one in hand I can post the current iteration of my prerobin collection.

Not happy with your 37 ? If not for the tape stains, I'd take it in an instant.

traded it for an af15. was really attached to that book but, well... onward and upward i suppose.

Now that I officially have the new one in hand I can post the current iteration of my prerobin collection.

Not happy with your 37 ? If not for the tape stains, I'd take it in an instant.

traded it for an af15. was really attached to that book but, well... onward and upward i suppose.

It's up for sale on CL and CC

It started off on ebay, yes.

As in, the fella didn't get his exorbitant eBay BIN asking price?

As in, he would have certainly found a bidder were it not for those tape stains (front/back) :eek:

Starting bid 14K

Thanks rainmaker. The front cover shows pretty well, apart from the one prominent tape stain. But that back cover is a bit of a mess; the tape residue looks like, well, blood. As if that knife on the front cover found its target. 'Tis pricey for all that...

Thanks rainmaker. The front cover shows pretty well, apart from the one prominent tape stain. But that back cover is a bit of a mess; the tape residue looks like, well, blood. As if that knife on the front cover found its target. 'Tis pricey for all that...

to be fair that scan is over-saturated. the book looks better in hand but its a rough copy for the grade. of course it is in the marketplace and these books certainly dont grow on trees.

This just came in the mail today

Screenshot_2016-11-07-04-43-57-1_zpsoutbst77.png

boom love that cover. 30 and 32 are both really cool non-bat covers in the run imo.

One of Guardineer's classics! I love the stitching details on the green suit.

Ah, so many books, not enough ______...

+1

Based upon what I am seeing being slabbed as 3.0 graded books nowadays, it's like the difference between night and day. :flamed:

Almost makes me think that CGC graded books should probably have an expiry date or Best Before Date in order to eliminate the sometimes blatant grading inconsistencies when CGC is swinging between loose grading and tight grading time periods. hmlol

Yes, much more money for CGC :D , but much more money taken out of the pockets of collectors. :censored:

:idea: I guess the best solution is to buy the book, instead of buying the label. (thumbs u

+1

Based upon what I am seeing being slabbed as 3.0 graded books nowadays, it's like the difference between night and day. :flamed:

Almost makes me think that CGC graded books should probably have an expiry date or Best Before Date in order to eliminate the sometimes blatant grading inconsistencies when CGC is swinging between loose grading and tight grading time periods. hmlol

Yes, much more money for CGC :D , but much more money taken out of the pockets of collectors. :censored:

:idea: I guess the best solution is to buy the book, instead of buying the label. (thumbs u

Lots of wisdom in those comments, Mr. Fine! One could reasonably infer that a restored book with great eye appeal should demand more interest than an unrestored book with ho hum looks, when matched (more or less) for grade.

:tonofbricks:

This just came in the mail today

Screenshot_2016-11-07-04-43-57-1_zpsoutbst77.png

boom love that cover. 30 and 32 are both really cool non-bat covers in the run imo.

One of Guardineer's classics! I love the stitching details on the green suit.

Ah, so many books, not enough ______...

I am a big fan of Guardineer's work on all the Pre Robins. 28 is my personal favorite, but I am probably in the minority here.