• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Pre-Robin Tec Club
18 18

5,102 posts in this topic

IMG_0740_zps9jjgp8nf.jpg

I got this late last year and just got it back from grading recently. Really happy to have it. Bought the collection (through a comic shop owner) from a man whose father had bought all the comics as a child in the Kansas City area. I did read it before sending it off and the story is pretty charming, but Batman being lost on a country road and asking for directions in full uniform? Pretty sure I would not have answered the door!

Very nice! Congrats

IMG_0740_zps9jjgp8nf.jpg

I got this late last year and just got it back from grading recently. Really happy to have it. Bought the collection (through a comic shop owner) from a man whose father had bought all the comics as a child in the Kansas City area. I did read it before sending it off and the story is pretty charming, but Batman being lost on a country road and asking for directions in full uniform? Pretty sure I would not have answered the door!

Being able to buy an OO copy is always fun. Very nice looking 3.5.

Yes, another one graded from the fall of 2016 that appears nice relative to its designated grade. :cloud9:

I wonder what his 2.5 graded copy of Detective 18 looks like since it was also graded on the same day? hm

IMG_0740_zps9jjgp8nf.jpg

Very nice! Congrats

+1, great pick-up

Dang, and I thought Batman was the world's greatest detective! Here is the 18 but I do realize that it does not specifically belong in this thread but since you asked about it hope it won't offend anyone if I put it in here. IMG_0739_zpsidw1at7z.jpg

Besides the large obvious stain on the front cover, is that also a rusty bottom staple on the spine along with a spine roll there? hm

Now finally, that cover looks a lot more in line to its assigned grade. (thumbs u

IMG_0740_zps9jjgp8nf.jpg

Love the back story. Great looking copy. Congrats on the book and the grade.

Dang, and I thought Batman was the world's greatest detective! Here is the 18 but I do realize that it does not specifically belong in this thread but since you asked about it hope it won't offend anyone if I put it in here. IMG_0739_zpsidw1at7z.jpg
Pre Bats are still Pre robins. Nice 18 and even nicer July 11 arrival date penciled at top. What other GA was in this Kansas City collection?

Tec 36 front cover only sold for 2K last night on ebay

http://www.ebay.com/itm/232216536913?ssPageName=STRK:MEDWX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1435.l2649

still sounds like a pretty strong price.

There have been a good number of coverless copies floating around.

Yes and it was a nice presenting FRONT cover only. Your certainly not going to slab it as a married .5 are you....

Parts really seem to sell well and i guess if the buy in on this book is 6-8k then 2k for the best pary is mire affordable.

James G