• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Pre-Robin Tec Club
18 18

5,102 posts in this topic

Happy Birthday Ben :applause:

thank you :)

Happy birthday buddy!! Enjoy your day! :boo:

:)

Happy birthday. :banana:

-J.

thanks J!

Happy birthday

Now we live close pm me if you have Goldenage for sale :wishluck: I need to spend money before my kids do (worship)

-J.

thanks J!

Happy birthday

Now we live close pm me if you have Goldenage for sale :wishluck: I need to spend money before my kids do (worship)

lol can't sell for 1984 prices though doh!

-J.

thanks J!

Happy birthday

Hows 2014 prices :hi:

-J.

thanks J!

Happy birthday

so basically 2018 prices then? (thumbs u

-J.

thanks J!

Happy birthday

so basically 2018 prices then? (thumbs u

Ain't that the truth!

13 minutes ago, Knightsofold said:

I liked the low grade tec 29 and 33s from the Heritage auction today.  But wow 20k+ each...

You could sure get a lot of VERY nice GA books for the price of just one if these.  

Very true.  Pre-robins are the peak of my collecting focus and with exponential growth they see I am glad i have a few!  but when we are talking 20k plus for entry level resto, take that toward the clink auction you are talking like the low grade more fun 55, the silver streak 6, the mm 82 which are fabulous books (but not bats) and still have some change left in the pocket book.  makes one hm

14 minutes ago, Knightsofold said:

I liked the low grade tec 29 and 33s from the Heritage auction today.  But wow 20k+ each...

You could sure get a lot of VERY nice GA books for the price of just one if these.  

Especially in the case of the 'Tec 29 which is restored and TRIMMED, but still managed to fetch almost double its condition guide price.  :whatthe:

Looks like these pre-Robin 'Tec books are still smoking red hot, with the fire not appearing to go out anytime soon. 

If a trimmed and restored CGC 1.8 PLOD copy went for over $20K, it makes me wonder what that beautiful looking 3.0 graded copy on the CC website is going to be able to fetch in their Event Auction next month.  Both that copy along with the Detective 1 and 38 would appear to present substantially nicer than their assigned grades.  :cloud9:  hm

3 hours ago, Knightsofold said:

Wow. 

tec heritage.jpg

The shocker to me has to be the 29 first then the 33. I expected the 32 to go for a little more. The 35 was very strong price but not surprised.

I would say we have now seen these pre-Robin Tecs at maxed out prices with no more room to grow. :insane:

Time to start investing in Classics Illustrated or HA HA comics.

1 hour ago, lhcomics said:

The shocker to me has to be the 29 first then the 33. I expected the 32 to go for a little more. The 35 was very strong price but not surprised.

I would say we have now seen these pre-Robin Tecs at maxed out prices with no more room to grow. :insane:

Time to start investing in Classics Illustrated or HA HA comics.

Peter said a month ago that the 33 would go for  $25k.  He called it almost to the dollar.   (worship)

Still a lot of room in that book IMO.

-J.

1 hour ago, Gotham Kid said:

Yup, 1.8 went for good price :grin:

And it was good to see it was re-subbed and the "CF trimmed" got put back on the notes...perhaps my post about those notes missing got back to HA....

Edited by Primetime

6 hours ago, lhcomics said:
10 hours ago, Knightsofold said:

Wow. 

tec heritage.jpg

The shocker to me has to be the 29

3 hours ago, Gotham Kid said:

Still don't understand the restored 29¬¬

+2

Yes, simply perplexing and yet amazing that a TRIMMED and RESTORED copy of a book can sell for almost double the condition guide value of a unrestored copy of the book.  :whatthe:

Especially when there are 2 other copies of this supposedly rare book that will be coming up in this round of auctions.  CL has an unrestored CGC 1.8 graded copy ending next week that is visually much more appealing than this restored 1.8 graded copy.  And to top it off, CC has a beautiful looking CGC 3.0 graded copy of this same book in its upcoming Event Auction set to end next month.  hm

I can only imagine what these 2 nicer looking copies will be going for given the astronomical price paid for this restored entry level copy.   :blush:

Edited by lou_fine