• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Pre-Robin Tec Club
18 18

5,102 posts in this topic

19 minutes ago, Gotham Kid said:

Any Detective comics under 40 in any condition are great great great even 34 the least pop of the bunch :whistle:

I just scored the 34 and missed out on the 30.  Should've gone a little higher!  And a Daring Mystery 2 (.5 missing bc, but whatever) from same seller, feeling pretty awesome right now despite missing the biggest fish.  I finally get to join the club, as I've never owned a pre-Robin Batman issue before.  I spent hours trying to figure out what was repaired on that 34, but even seller's grader notes didn't help me out.   :whee:

5 minutes ago, mwotka said:

I just scored the 34 and missed out on the 30.  Should've gone a little higher!  And a Daring Mystery 2 (.5 missing bc, but whatever) from same seller, feeling pretty awesome right now despite missing the biggest fish.  I finally get to join the club, as I've never owned a pre-Robin Batman issue before.  I spent hours trying to figure out what was repaired on that 34, but even seller's grader notes didn't help me out.   :whee:

Great pickup love your first 2 more-fun's :takeit:

10 minutes ago, mwotka said:

I spent hours trying to figure out what was repaired on that 34, but even seller's grader notes didn't help me out. 

Could very well go to Conserved grade with minimal work.

4 hours ago, mwotka said:

I was about to go $2800 for the 34 but passed at the last second very happy for you it was a good deal even if restored, and no matter what people say about 34 and because it’s a sucky cover I disagree I love it, the story is actually nice and love that splash page and to be quite honest it’s not a bad cover even if Batman’s not on it, great buy 

Thank you for going light on me, I think you might've taken it because I think I only went up to 2750.  I was thinking it was a nice deal because the resto seemed pretty minimal for a book that looks like it is in great shape with awesome color, while the 30 was pretty rough for that price.  I also really love Creig Flessel so that cover really appeals to me, even more than the Guardineer one on 30 (although it is cool too).  

23 hours ago, mwotka said:

Congrats. I had my eye on both books. Glad a boardie scored at least 1

9 hours ago, Gotham Kid said:

$12,259 for a chewed up Tec 35 0.5 on ComicLink !! :whatthe:

Linky

00074922305000111565420002.jpg

It may be chewed up but its going to look great on my wall :foryou: 

Plus I had a significant amount of credit with clink for 250 Modern slabs I paid nothing for. So cash out of my pocket is relatively minimal. But I agree, I thought i was going to win under 10K 

3 hours ago, domuhnator said:

Plus I had a significant amount of credit with clink for 250 Modern slabs I paid nothing for. So cash out of my pocket is relatively minimal. But I agree, I thought i was going to win under 10K 

What a great cover either way!! Congrats!

They certainly don't grow on trees anymore, so any copy is hot hot hot right now!

4 hours ago, domuhnator said:

And those white pages :cloud9: