The Pre-Robin Tec Club
16 16

4,462 posts in this topic

670 posts
18 minutes ago, Chicago Boy said:

Let’s see it Anker ! 

Bring on the beast Ankur ...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
426 posts
Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, AnkurJ said:

Mine just happened to work out. Didn’t plan anything until hours before the auction.

Last time I had something that big that wasn’t  really planned I got to add another dependent on my insurance (:

Edited by ender
Spelling mistake

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23,405 posts
14 minutes ago, AnkurJ said:

Here you go 

94D9AF0D-0764-4A75-81CA-089C9D14410C.jpeg

:takeit:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,419 posts

While this is true of many books, when I look at the “Big 4” (Action #1, Tec #27, Superman #1 and Batman #1) and how prices have climbed over the years, it’s hard not to kick oneself after seeing the same copies sell for 2x, 3x as much not all that long after.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23,405 posts

Richard's sig line :golfclap:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7,083 posts

Detective 33 CGC 1.8 blue went for about $24k on eBay last night. Not a bad result.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,970 posts
On ‎4‎/‎2‎/‎2019 at 1:47 PM, AnkurJ said:

1B2844A1-8BA2-493F-92ED-A2BF4562A56A.jpeg

You have 38 in front of 34 in front of 32 :whatthe:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,587 posts

When is #38 going to explode in price ? I know, not technically a pre- Robin Tec but in my mind 27-38 are PRT.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,587 posts
16 hours ago, Wayne-Tec said:

While this is true of many books, when I look at the “Big 4” (Action #1, Tec #27, Superman #1 and Batman #1) and how prices have climbed over the years, it’s hard not to kick oneself after seeing the same copies sell for 2x, 3x as much not all that long after.

What’s # 5 on your list ?  Just curious....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,419 posts
23 minutes ago, Chicago Boy said:

What’s # 5 on your list ?  Just curious....

Cap #1, Marvel #1 and Action #7 are all in the discussion. The two former have more potential and historical significance than the latter, which is an awfully hot book.

Though FMV shifts and may beg to differ at times, the Top-6 GA books of all-time, in my view, are...

Action #1

Detective #27

Superman #1

Batman #1

Marvel #1

Cap #1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7,083 posts
50 minutes ago, woowoo said:

You have 38 in front of 34 in front of 32 :whatthe:

Tec sammich!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23,405 posts
Posted (edited)
55 minutes ago, Chicago Boy said:

When is #38 going to explode in price ?

right after I buy one, not before :wishluck:

It already has though :|

Edited by Gotham Kid

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11,590 posts

Yeah I agree with Peter that Tec 38 had already exploded in price and is doing very well compared to what about 3-5 years ago where copies sold for a bargain compared to pre-robin Tecs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11,590 posts
4 hours ago, AnkurJ said:

Detective 33 CGC 1.8 blue went for about $24k on eBay last night. Not a bad result.

Seems about right, Nice looking copy minus the detached and separated covers.  I would be worried about the placement of the front cover, could get damaged if left that way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
391 posts
3 hours ago, Dark Knight said:

Yeah I agree with Peter that Tec 38 had already exploded in price and is doing very well compared to what about 3-5 years ago where copies sold for a bargain compared to pre-robin Tecs.

I personally don't care for 38 at all. I much prefer the darkness of the pre-Robin Tecs...not the smiling Bats on 38!  Anyone else...?  Can you imagine seeing those amazing covers on the newsstands for the still new character of the Batman??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23,405 posts
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Bat34 said:

I personally don't care for 38 at all. I much prefer the darkness of the pre-Robin Tecs...not the smiling Bats on 38!  Anyone else...?  Can you imagine seeing those amazing covers on the newsstands for the still new character of the Batman??

Sorry Matt. Gonna disagree on this one. Inasmuch as a dark moody Batman was what started it all, I don't think it could have carried on forever in story telling. A sidekick would have bound to be necessary.

Edited by Gotham Kid

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,419 posts
2 minutes ago, Gotham Kid said:

Sorry Matt. Gonna disagree on this one. Inasmuch as a dark moody Batman was what started it all, I don't think it could have carried on forever in story telling. A sidekick would have bound to be necessary.

And Batman wasn’t much darker in Tec #37 than he was in Tec #38. The transition away from the dark-tone began BEFORE Robin was a part of the picture.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
16 16