• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Pre-Robin Tec Club
18 18

5,102 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, Comics181 said:

What's bad is that the book looked fine in the purple label. Such a shame they would mutilate the book just to get a blue

At least it went for almost half what the guy was trying to sell it for here. 🤣🤣🤣🤣

On 5/21/2020 at 1:09 PM, Gotham Kid said:
On 5/21/2020 at 1:06 PM, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

It's not pretty, is it. 

i see from your link it sold for $15k in a CC auction a year and a half ago.  I guess we will find out a little something something about how Covid is affecting sales when the Clink hammer comes down in 5 days. 

It sold for more as a CBCS 2.5 copy, same year :tonofbricks:

https://www.comicconnect.com/item/758997

Almost $4K more or as I imagine what they would refer to in this marketplace as the value or the hidden advantage of the CBCS label.  :gossip:  :devil:

Definitely doesn't present very nice relative to its assigned CGC grade and possibly one of the main reasons why this copy here wasn't able to acheive its condition guide price on the last 2 go rounds as a CGC graded copy.  Especially when previous copies have always sold for multiples of condition guide a few years ago, and then at a healthy premium to guide over the recent past as Overstreet is apparently slowly catching up to the marketplace on this particular book.  (thumbsu

On its third go round here this time, looks like it sold for even less on CL at only $12,916.  If I was the money losing consignor here, I probably would have gone with CC because they seem to be the market maker out of all the auction houses when it comes to the pre-Robin 'Tec books.  Now, if it was a highest graded copy for anything else, I would have no problem with CL since they seem to be the preferred venue of choice for the CGC label chasers.  hm

Edited by lou_fine

On 5/30/2020 at 2:26 PM, Mr bla bla said:

Cgc’s policy of the colour coded plod label has brought this butchering upon us.

Everybody knows what needs to be done. But it aint gettin done😎

Cgc color coding is a good thing.  It’s transparent.  Cbcs restored blue label is deceiving if presented from across the room you would think you had an unrestored book but on closer inspection...

On 5/31/2020 at 3:02 PM, Spiderturtle said:
On 5/30/2020 at 2:26 PM, Mr bla bla said:

Cgc’s policy of the colour coded plod label has brought this butchering upon us.

Everybody knows what needs to be done. But it aint gettin done😎

Cgc color coding is a good thing.  It’s transparent.  Cbcs restored blue label is deceiving if presented from across the room you would think you had an unrestored book but on closer inspection...

Definitely NOT as transparent as you may think and hope since as we all know, the CGC unrestored blue Universal label is actually already hiding a lot of books that have been artificially manipulated into higher grades.  :gossip:  :devil:

18 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

Definitely NOT as transparent as you may think and hope since as we all know, the CGC unrestored blue Universal label is actually already hiding a lot of books that have been artificially manipulated into higher grades.  :gossip:  :devil:

Yeah no one can stop that.  But if it’s still restored I would like it be clear cut restored purple label.  Not some blue label that describes the the restoration in small print 

On 5/31/2020 at 5:02 PM, Spiderturtle said:

Cgc color coding is a good thing.  It’s transparent.  Cbcs restored blue label is deceiving if presented from across the room you would think you had unrestored book 

there’s still inconsistency by cgc. Also trimming is not restoration. Either get it right or label everything the same color  

2 hours ago, Chicago Boy said:
On 5/31/2020 at 3:02 PM, Spiderturtle said:

Cgc color coding is a good thing.  It’s transparent.  Cbcs restored blue label is deceiving if presented from across the room you would think you had unrestored book 

there’s still inconsistency by cgc. Also trimming is not restoration. Either get it right or label everything the same color  

Although to be clear, some books with color touch or glue still get a CGC blue label.  Hard to understand all of the nuances.

3 hours ago, Wayne-Tec said:

Where does Tec #33 stand today in terms of FMV when compared to 29, 31 and 35?

Say blue label 2.0’s with equal eye appeal.

Regardless of the grade, my thinking is that a 'Tec 33 would be valued lower than both the 'Tec 31 and 'Tec 29 in that order, but still higher up on the chart than a 'Tec 35.  (thumbsu