• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

X-Men #1 Sketch Cover Megathread!

1,755 posts in this topic

I was just flipping through the census on X-Men 1 and saw that the sketch variant has 2 restored at 9.6. This is very confusing to me. Why would you put resto on a book thats only a couple of years old?

I was just flipping through the census on X-Men 1 and saw that the sketch variant has 2 restored at 9.6. This is very confusing to me. Why would you put resto on a book thats only a couple of years old?

Maybe there is some color touch on the cover! lol

:signfunny:

That is probably not too far off from the truth. I have a Justice League 1 blank that is a 9.6 Restored SS. I asked Mr. Balent about that because I had never heard of such a thing. He was quite a gentleman and replied quickly to my question. His response was:

I asked the graders about that. Color breaks were colored in with a marker on the edge of the book. The graders treated that as color touch. I asked if it could be considered as part of the artwork, they said "not possible"

There were a few marks that made it onto the first page of the comic from the blank, so I guess this is what was considered to be color touched. Although I do have others that this happened to and they just got a grade drop.

That is probably not too far off from the truth. I have a Justice League 1 blank that is a 9.6 Restored SS. I asked Mr. Balent about that because I had never heard of such a thing. He was quite a gentleman and replied quickly to my question. His response was:

I asked the graders about that. Color breaks were colored in with a marker on the edge of the book. The graders treated that as color touch. I asked if it could be considered as part of the artwork, they said "not possible"

There were a few marks that made it onto the first page of the comic from the blank, so I guess this is what was considered to be color touched. Although I do have others that this happened to and they just got a grade drop.

Thanks for the info

For years, I've been wanting to get a set of sketches from John Cassaday featuring the entire team from his run on Astonishing X-Men run with Joss Whedon. With a lot of help, I was able to finish this up at Baltimore.

Chainnball

Par2ch

spideysenses76

Dscott & his crew

Alphatrion1

and of course, my wife (she's the one who got Shadowcat, which finished the set :luhv: ) Thank you all for all your help! (worship)

Cyclops, Emma Frost, Shadowcat & Lockheed, Colossus, Beast, Armor, Wolverine

th_X-Men1-CassadayCyclops.jpgth_X-Men1-CassadayEmmaFrost.jpgth_X-Men1-CassadayShadowcat.jpgth_X-Men1-CassadayColossus.jpgth_X-Men1-CassadayBeast.jpgth_X-Men1-CassadayArmor.jpgth_X-Men1-CassadayWolverine.jpg

For years, I've been wanting to get a set of sketches from John Cassaday featuring the entire team from his run on Astonishing X-Men run with Joss Whedon. With a lot of help, I was able to finish this up at Baltimore.

Chainnball

Par2ch

spideysenses76

Dscott & his crew

Alphatrion1

and of course, my wife (she's the one who got Shadowcat, which finished the set :luhv: ) Thank you all for all your help! (worship)

You're welcome!!! I traded you the Cyclops! :P

Glad you completed the set!

Chainnball

Par2ch

spideysenses76

Dscott & his crew

Alphatrion1

Cyclops, Emma Frost, Shadowcat & Lockheed, Colossus, Beast, Armor, Wolverine

th_X-Men1-CassadayCyclops.jpgth_X-Men1-CassadayEmmaFrost.jpgth_X-Men1-CassadayShadowcat.jpgth_X-Men1-CassadayColossus.jpgth_X-Men1-CassadayBeast.jpgth_X-Men1-CassadayArmor.jpgth_X-Men1-CassadayWolverine.jpg

That's an amazing accomplishment! Congrats!