• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TOS 39 club
4 4

683 posts in this topic

TOS39cgc85Q.jpg

I will be resubbing soon in hopes of a 6.5/7.0 blue label.

That is a nice looking copy even with the hole punched out. Does the qualified label really bother you? If it was my copy I think I would leave it as is. 2c

Well, if it comes back as a Blue Label 7.0, its "market" value doubles what its currently worth in a Green Label. I have no immediate designs to sell, but it would make it easier if I had to.

Wow what a nice TOS 39!!! Even with the punch hole, does not seem all that distracting compared to the AF 15 Edenwald book. How's the back cover?

We recently had a long discussion on the Edenwald AF15 in the AF15 club if you're interested.

I agree that this 39 is a gorgeous copy and would have bid for it if I had the funds. I really hope you get the 7.0 (or better) you're looking for on it. Good luck!

TOS39cgc85Q.jpg

That is a nice looking copy even with the hole punched out. Does the qualified label really bother you? If it was my copy I think I would leave it as is. 2c

Well, if it comes back as a Blue Label 7.0, its "market" value doubles what its currently worth in a Green Label. I have no immediate designs to sell, but it would make it easier if I had to.

With that hold punched out...it wouldn't be graded 7.0. I think it would drop down to about a 5.0 or less. It still might be worth more than you paid for it but i'm not sure i'd mess with it.

What gives you the idea that CGC will give it a blue label on a resub. I would think they have a standard way of thinking when books have holes punched out of the cover or whole book.

It's still a gorgeous book and seemed like a great deal for the book (not that grade). ...

If it were me...I'd leave it alone or crack it out of the case....it's probably worth more raw...

I'm am proud to say that after the NYCC, I am now a member of the TOS 39 club! Sending it in for grading ASAP.

TalesofSuspense39Front.jpg

Great looking TOS 39. Which dealer did you pick it up from?

What grade was it? Looks like a solid VG.

TOS39cgc85Q.jpg

With that hold punched out...it wouldn't be graded 7.0. I think it would drop down to about a 5.0 or less. It still might be worth more than you paid for it but i'm not sure i'd mess with it.

What gives you the idea that CGC will give it a blue label on a resub. I would think they have a standard way of thinking when books have holes punched out of the cover or whole book.

It's still a gorgeous book and seemed like a great deal for the book (not that grade). ...

If it were me...I'd leave it alone or crack it out of the case....it's probably worth more raw...

You can request the "Universal" grade the book would receive with the "defect" considered in a situation like this.

It's not the same situation as a "Qualified" label book with,say,"Staples Cleaned",where there wouldn't be a "Universal" grade available.

I'm am proud to say that after the NYCC, I am now a member of the TOS 39 club! Sending it in for grading ASAP.

A beauty indeed. :applause:

Thank you! I'm sending it is ASAP for grading...can't wait to get it back. I've been saving for a bit...made my CON and weekend when I bought it.

Got a link with its 8.0 holder?

A beauty indeed. :applause:

Thank you! I'm sending it is ASAP for grading...can't wait to get it back. I've been saving for a bit...made my CON and weekend when I bought it.

Any update on the grade? :popcorn:

Page 4 really..?

just spent a short time at the local con, and OMG there were a ton of 39s.

everything from 1.0-7.5 , couldn't believe how many there were :o

That's interesting to see so many together. I normally only see a couple at my local con. But if it's a big show you most likely see a lot of key books.

TOS 39 is a classic and my personal favorite (behind Avengers 1).

Page 4 really..?

just spent a short time at the local con, and OMG there were a ton of 39s.

everything from 1.0-7.5 , couldn't believe how many there were :o

That's interesting to see so many together. I normally only see a couple at my local con. But if it's a big show you most likely see a lot of key books.

TOS 39 is a classic and my personal favorite (behind Avengers 1).

It was actually a very small show, with some high quality books.

I saw 3 or 4 AF 15s

a Batman 1

2 or 3 X-men 1 s

2 Avengers 1s

.... and just an obscene amount of 39s. I found it very surprising