• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TOS 39 club
4 4

683 posts in this topic

Always good to bump TOS 39!

So why do you guys think 39 hasn't increased much over the past few years?

I thought it would have bumped up in value due to the success of the IM movies and the smash Avengers movie. Plus with the far out of reach AF 15...keys like this should get more demand but no yet it seems

What's even stranger is the fact that Iron Man 1 has gone up exponentially more than TOS 39. And while it is the cooler cover in my opinion, it is infinitely more available in all grade levels.

I thought it would have bumped up in value due to the success of the IM movies and the smash Avengers movie. Plus with the far out of reach AF 15...keys like this should get more demand but no yet it seems

What's even stranger is the fact that Iron Man 1 has gone up exponentially more than TOS 39. And while it is the cooler cover in my opinion, it is infinitely more available in all grade levels.

That's true. IM 1 has jumped in price in recent years. I still think TOS 39 will jump but I'm surprised it hasn't sooner

I think you hit on it right there.Iron Man #1 is more available so that's the target book for people who can't afford the price of a ToS #39.

I think you hit on it right there.Iron Man #1 is more available so that's the target book for people who can't afford the price of a ToS #39.

Just seems odd. TOS39 is hardly rare and you can get a very presentable copy for 2K and it is a legitimate 1st appearance. Other oddity, is though cap 100 has similar census numbers and the same release year, it is basically flatlining value-wise. Avengers and cap movie did not breathe life into cap like it did iron man. Though I guess the trailer for im3 may be the cause of the spike.

Thanks guys, yes, I like my copy, too bad about the hole punch in the cover, but its a great looking copy and was within my budget, what more could I realistically ask for.

Glad to be a member of this club!

Cheers

Jason

Thanks guys, yes, I like my copy, too bad about the hole punch in the cover, but its a great looking copy and was within my budget, what more could I realistically ask for.

Glad to be a member of this club!

Cheers

Jason

Awesome book,and really you can't tell there is even a hole punched out.I mean it's not like it's in the middle of the book. :applause: