• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TOS 39 club
4 4

683 posts in this topic

Congrats Bane. What grade?

Only 6.0

6.0 for this book is fantastic, I wish mine was a 6.0

Congrats Chris :applause:

+1

Mine is a 4.5 and I couldn't be happier with it.

Unfortunately I'm bringing my bronze and copper highgrade mindset to silver age. :facepalm:

Only 6.0

+1

Unfortunately I'm bringing my bronze and copper highgrade mindset to silver age. :facepalm:

Yep your high grade Bat books cant compete price wise with high grade DC/Marvel keys, you need to win the lotto to get the grades you like :makepoint:

Only 6.0

+1

Yep your high grade Bat books cant compete price wise with high grade DC/Marvel keys, you need to win the lotto to get the grades you like :makepoint:

Tell me about it!! lol

New purchase!! Woohoo!! I am in the club! I usually like to think my comics are better than the grade, but I fear this one may be slightly overgraded. I am ok with it, as its a great book, but its not as sharp as some of the other 5.0s out there. It is well centered, lays flat, and not a single cover crease other than a very light corner crease, but the spine has some significant wear, and even a few small tears. thoughts?

IMG_1640.jpg

New purchase!! Woohoo!! I am in the club! I usually like to think my comics are better than the grade, but I fear this one may be slightly overgraded. I am ok with it, as its a great book, but its not as sharp as some of the other 5.0s out there. It is well centered, lays flat, and not a single cover crease other than a very light corner crease, but the spine has some significant wear, and even a few small tears. thoughts?

IMG_1640.jpg

Nice! It's got both quotes,that's rare. :applause:

IMG_1640.jpg

Very rare...and I honestly had no idea how until I started really looking into these books. Very cool to get a copy with both of them. Congrats!

IMG_1640.jpg

Awesome copy and Congrats! Welcome to the club.

IMG_1640.jpg

Great book. Uncommonly good centering of the front cover. That's a real beauty. :cloud9:

IMG_1640.jpg

Very rare...and I honestly had no idea how until I started really looking into these books. Very cool to get a copy with both of them. Congrats!

How rare? hm

I've heard that too but never really looked into it or anything.

Here's my copy with both quotes!

TOS39.jpg

Thanks for the comments all. The full quote never occurred to me, I'm glad to have this forum to inform me! I looked at 7 or 8 TOS 39 examples on ebay, and none had 2 full quotes.It will be a good thing to remember if I ever need to sell the book.

Thanks for the comments all. The full quote never occurred to me, I'm glad to have this forum to inform me! I looked at 7 or 8 TOS 39 examples on ebay, and none had 2 full quotes.It will be a good thing to remember if I ever need to sell the book.

Hi Five! :whee:

That is a nice looking example for a 3.0 Erndog!! It looks like a higher grade to me.

I dont know if it is just the cream background on the cover in the pictures of a TOS39, but these books often look higher than their designated grade to me via pictures.

Anyways, that is me spidervacc, and I definitely got bit by the comic bug! I also purchased a low grade X-men 1 and Incredible Hulk 181. Really keeping my eyes open for an Incredible Hulk 1 blue label with a grade of 1.8-2.5 for a reasonable price.

IMG_1640.jpg

How rare? hm

I've heard that too but never really looked into it or anything.

Here's my copy with both quotes!

TOS39.jpg

It's pretty uncommon. I've only seen a handful with both quotes. Don't really know how to quantify it, but if I had to make a wild guess, I'd say less than 10%. This one really doesn't qualify as it appears to only have part of the second quote.