• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TOS 39 club
4 4

683 posts in this topic

I'm in!!!

Low grade, but presents REALLY nice, and fits nicely with my Daredevil 1, X-Men 1, and Avengers 1 CGC 1.8 SS. Now to get Stan to sign my ASM #1 1.8 and try to fill the books on the list.

By the way, if anyone has Hulk 1, AF 15, JiM 83 or TTA 27 in 1.8 SS, hit me up.

Cheers,

Cole

img060_zps198843b7.jpg

I'm in!!!

Low grade, but presents REALLY nice, and fits nicely with my Daredevil 1, X-Men 1, and Avengers 1 CGC 1.8 SS. Now to get Stan to sign my ASM #1 1.8 and try to fill the books on the list.

Cheers,

Cole

img060_zps198843b7.jpg

really nice 1.8 :golfclap:

I'm in!!!

Cheers,

Cole

img060_zps198843b7.jpg

really nice 1.8 :golfclap:

That's the nicest 1.8 I've ever seen.

ah Porter, you were the one to buy the TOS39. You ever figure out why it's only a 1.8?

Nope, looks great in hand. Multiple minor flaws, but will probably be buying the graders notes on this one.

Great looking copy I would bet on a cover split that you can no longer see in the slab. I had a X men 1 that looked VG with a split to the top staple came back 1.8

+1

I have seen a number of knock-out 1.5-2.5 range key books that present very well but get killed in grade due to spine splits and detached covers.

Personally, to me if you are buying a slab, I would rather have a top-knotch cover that is detached or has a large split (NO TAPE) than one with missing pieces or significant staining.

IMO

Great looking copy I would bet on a cover split that you can no longer see in the slab. I had a X men 1 that looked VG with a split to the top staple came back 1.8

"Look at the big brain on Brad!"

Nice call Greg, took a closer look yesterday, spine split nearly the entire length of the book.

Cheers,

Cole

That's the first I've seen just Cream pages listed. hm

I saw one on Heritage recently and thought it was a typo. Has there been a revision to the page quality list, or have I been ignorant to this level?

That's the first I've seen just Cream pages listed. hm

I saw one on Heritage recently and thought it was a typo. Has there been a revision to the page quality list, or have I been ignorant to this level?

This must be new...I haven't seen it before in all my submissions or any slabs I've looked at.

I put a bid in on this tonite but it's a pretty fugly looking 6.5... (shrug)

Not sure it looks/grades nicer than heymikesays' 5.5...

http://comics.ha.com/c/item.zx?saleNo=121333&lotNo=10579

Nice 5.5 btw... :headbang:

thanks! I actually sent it a few days ago to get it pressed and resubbed. i'll probably get a 50/50 vote from people saying "wth" and "yea, go for it" but hey, like you said it presents really well and I'm willing to take a gamble on it getting a higher score once its done (thumbs u